Please help! Can't connect Samsung TV ks8000 to SmartThings hub

I will try that I use the same for both as well.

Thanks for the thought. This is a pretty big mess right now.

Daniel

i couldnā€™t agree more, at least we have webcore to sort of work around their problems. FWIW samsung connect doensā€™t work on android 8.1, so that was frustrating since on the app store it says it works with android 6.0 and above. They just added support for 8.0 about a week ago. So basically, I couldnā€™t add my tv and fridge to samsung connect (or so I thought) until I used an android with less than 8.0. /facepalm

Same problem here. Just tried this. Logged into smartthings IDE with my samsung acct. I see the TV in the device list (its the only thing there). I canā€™t log into the app with a samsung ID. Still cant see the TV in the app. Is there something Iā€™m missing?

on the smartthings phone app, if you log out and close the app then go back into the app and try to login, does it say ā€œIā€™m new to smartthingsā€ and ā€œIā€™m a smartthings userā€? I had to use the top one, Iā€™m new to smarththings, to see my samsung tv and fridge the first time. Then log out of the app again and back in but choose ā€œim a smartthings userā€ instead and login with your regular smartthings email.

Those were the steps I took and under my smartthings email and password I have an extra location in the menu called HOME and it has my samsung tv and fridge. Sorry if this feels like a wild goose chase, I just wanted to share my experience in case we can duplicate it!

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Matt_Behnken.
I previously created a Samsung account (cant remember why, when or how) . I logged out of my ST account and when I logged back in using ā€œIā€™m a new useā€ it automatically prompted me to log in using my Samsung account (I have a note 8 as my phone which is logged into my Samsung account). Now I can see all the devices I have attached to Samsung Connect, including my tv and my lifx bulbsā€¦and I can control them even when disconnected from my WiFi. I just canā€™t figure out how to connect it to my echoā€¦they smartApp is not available for me.

How are you guys able to find the TV as an available device in Samsung Connect, I didnā€™t think the 2016 KS series was a supported model?

I have the UN65KS9000 and it has always worked with the connect app on my phone.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification. I just did as you mentioned and was able to
passwords. However, flipping back and forth did not make my TV show up when
looking at ST login through the app. Interesting.

When logged into ST app via samsung account, I can control my TV just fine.

Same here. I was hoping I could connect to my echo with ST while logged in with my Samsung account but I donā€™t see an option to do so.

can you sign into two different smartthings accounts on the amazon alexa app skill for smartthings?

I just remembered it is connected via the skill in the Alexa app. I would have to disconnect the link with my hub and connect to my Samsung account which is a definite no go. Hopefully the account merge that is in beta would allow both St and connect devices to coexist.
Hmmm ā€¦maybe thats why the last firmware update removed direct connectivityā€¦they might be planning to reconnect via the connect app when the merge occurs.

I am in the beta and now canā€™t get the tv to connect to either. the ST app and connect both canā€™t find it :frowning:

Another way is ifttt, you can sign in to a different smartthings account but the same alexa account. But youā€™ll need nother ifttt email login, and share ur alexa with that email user, lol. Itā€™s one idea :bulb:

I had to do that for Google home awhile back when skybell and nest werenā€™t the same email login.

Are you able to access your samsung account location from the menu of ST app while logged in with ST email?

Try unplugging the tv for 30 seconds. These models are finicky with network connectivity. If the connect app still canā€™t see it, you should contact Samsung support.

Alsoā€¦make sure the tv and your phone are both on the same wifi.

Tried that but no luck. I can get logged in with my Samsung Account, see
and use the TV, but when I log back in with my Smartthings account I only
have 1 location.

Daniel

Same here. No luck. Also noticed TV firmware is now at 1207. Hopefully
merging accounts is in the future.

I unplugged the tv for 15 or so minutes while I was doing something else. Also the TV is wired. So far it canā€™t be found. Thanks for the ideas!

So i tried the steps myself and kept getting a blank account location with no devices.

Then i tried sharing my location with myself which isnt allowed with the same email.

So i connected my wifeā€™s samsung connect to the tv and fridge after disconnecting them from my samsung connect. Then i noticed share location in ST app isnt an option in ST app settings for ST accounts merged from Samsung connect.

Finally the results: i shared my locations in ST with my wifeā€™s samsung account email, then logged into ST app with her samsung acct email;
I could now see my locations in her ST app. Then i made one of my shared locations active from the top left of her drop down menu. Now i could select ā€œmy accountā€ from her top left menu and manage users. I added my email to the user list.

Logged back into my ST acct and finally i could see my samsung connect devices under a location by themselves, and switch to my ST locations through the top left menu.

Apologies for the previous misinfo i provided above that didnt include sharing my ST to wife and then Sharing her ST to me.

Also turns out my 2017 samsung tv in samsung connect uses Bluetooth and or wifi direct so no out of home operation. I saw a thread with custom DTH and Smart ill try out.

interesting also if I search for a device to add in the samsung connect it only has ā€œMUā€ series TV - no Kā€™s show up