Please help! Can't connect Samsung TV ks8000 to SmartThings hub

I have UE50KU6000 and I just bought a 99 pound smart things hub for the sole reason of controlling my TV. All the articles said it would work I get it, try and then find this. I contact support and they said may as well return it because they have no idea when a fix will be available.

A very very poor situation from Samsung really disappointed. I was planning to get another 2 TV’s and set up my smart home around the hub. Now I think I’ll just return it and get something else.

Not heard a word from anyone from Samsung and those articles proclaiming it works are still up which can only be false advertising unless they plan to fix within a reasonable time frame.

Unimpressed!

I agree johnny… I got the 8 series 65inch. Paid a little extra for the cool advertised features that are still not working. Starting to sound like false advertising to me. I really wanted to like Samsung as a company. I could see myself getting other connected products in the future… waser, dryer, vac…etc. i may have to re think that… shame.

I tweeted the smartthings account and they responded saying this is being actively worked on. So, looks as though it will get fixed but no indication, right now, of when.

Cheers

Same issue. Won’t reconnect to TV. Google voice control or smartthings app no longer function for tv.

I was told by smartthings support today that a firmware update with a fox is rolling out to SOME TV’S not got any update yet on mine and still not working.

Will update if it gets fixed.

I signed up for the ST/Samsung Account migration Beta, which I can’t get going yet for some reason. I use the ST log in for ST not a Samsung log in. While trying different things to force the migration to start, every once in a while, my phone will log into the ST app using my Samsung Account. And what do I see, my KS series TV as a thing all by itself. I didn’t try anything else but the power button works on it. Maybe once they get the accounts merged successfully we might have integration again.

Update: The TV is “usable” in the Samsung Connect app but still no usability on the ST side.

My Samsung 60" worked for a few months too then stopped. I also got a service ticket, then an email stating they’re currently having issues connecting SmartThings hubs to Samsung 4K TVs. I was told there’s no way to roll back software update that broke it. BIG STEP BACKWARDS SAMSUNG!!! I have lost a lot of interest in Samsung products, since they’re own devices don’t work together. BOOOOOOOOO SAMSUNG!!! SAMSHIT now!

I just got off the phone with Samsung about this issue. The rep at Samsung told me more people that call about this problem the more likely it will get fixed and sooner…

What is the number you called?

Its early still as Im trying to figure out what a fox is… you mean a FIX lol thanks friend :slight_smile:

Thanks for providing the phone number. I just called and unfortunately they
were completely oblivious and had know idea how to help or even log the
issue. They were telling to turn the TV off, factory reset, unplug, reset
the smartthings hub, etc.

Same problem for me. I will put a call in this week.

Received this from Samsung support Twitter:

Hello Michael, Product Support recommends use of Samsung Connect instead as the Smart Things app is no longer supported and is being removed from all TV’s. You should be able to do most of the same things with Samsung Connect. ^Gill

My TV model isn’t even listed as supported by Samsung Connect

This really sucks. So how do I tell Alexa to turn off the TV if I left it on downstairs? That was a cool option. I do think see any Samsung connect features with Alexa?

I agree this is horrible. Half the reason to buy Samsung products is the integrated ecosystem. While the Connect Product is ok, it doesn’t integrate with Alexa. Being able to say ‘Alexa Turn on Movie Mode’ and have it adjust the lights, put down the shades and adjust the TV settings is super useful. Not to mention having the Goodbye settings power everything off including the TV. Time to look at Google Home and other TV options.

soo samsung connect devices show up in smarthings if you login with the samsung id that you logged into the samsung connect with. Alexa should work with those devices then?

Matt - I believe they are logged in with the same account. I can where I can add my Hub to Connect, but not Connect to Hub. The more concerning thing is that if I want to add the Hub to Connect it starts prompting me for the Hub welcome password.

Having said that, my Hub may use a Smartthings account rather than my
Samsung account. Can I change that without losing all my settings.

Daniel

I didn’t reset my smartthings hub (too many smart apps to lose etc.). So I didn’t enter any welcome password for my hub in samsung connect. Rather, I added the the tv and fridge in samsung connect app. Then when I log into smartthings with my samsung ID email, I have a new location in the drop down menu with the fridge and tv. Then I logged out of smartthings and logged back in with my smarthings accout (I’m a smarthings user).

Then both locations show up in the app. The only caveat here is I use the same email for smartthings and samsung acct but different passwords.