Play music with smarttiles (for android)

What u need

• smartTiles (obviously)
  • sharpTools
  • tasker

What to do

• add new device using ide ( device type: On/Off Button Tile )
  • add this device to your smarttiles, so it will display on dashboard
  • add this device to sharp tools and subscribe to it (you need paid tasker plugin)
  • setup tasker to do stuff when button pressed

Side notes

• you may need to have your favourite music player open or add it somewhere in the routine
  • not sure how to explain tasker part so there is screenshot
  • Notify in tasker is for debug only

6 Likes

Great job! I’m glad to see the UK/EU users are finally getting to enjoy the community developed SmartApps!

Edit: note that if you are using the thing state plugin, the %st_attr_value should already be set. Adding in the Thing: Get Attribute will result in a slight delay as SharpTools has to query SmartThings for the attribute value even though it just received it with the push event.

2 Likes

thanks for the tip, in process of hacking tiles now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi

I have tried what you suggested but unfortunately sharptools oauth does not work yet
How have you done it? are you us based?
thanks
f

I’m UK. Sharptools is updated. When u athorize make sure you flip to UK. There is UK mode little switch under athorize things

1 Like

I have tried and I was able to do install and added the device to sharptools. After that… too much for my poor knowledge. thanks anyway

Has someone tried to use html5 web player on android and then link the page from smart tiles?

1 Like

you can put any link in smarttiles, so why not, anything with web interface should work.

smarttile with custom size and iframe would be super nice :wink: <- @tgauchat

Is there something specific you need help with? I’m the developer of SharpTools and would be happy to assist if I can.

1 Like

Hi Joshua

Thanks for your email.
I was basically able to

• add new device using ide ( device type: On/Off Button Tile )
  • add this device to your smarttiles, so it will display on dashboard
  • add this device to sharp tools and subscribe to it (you need paid tasker plugin)
    But then I could not understand how to do the rest…
  • setup tasker to do stuff when button pressed

thanks
fab

Have you checked out the link to the example I posted? The example shows how to subscribe to a Thing/Attribute in SharpTools and then react whenever that attribute changes in Tasker.

It looks like the approach @Lind_Lau_el_Loren is taking is to use the Media Control action in Tasker to simulate a Play and Pause button press. I would start with getting that running (assuming the media app is already open)… and once you get that setup, we can work on making sure the app is opened in case it isn’t already open.

1 Like