Platform Update - Release Notes - 02/26/2015

@Jim Huge delays in lighting come on tonight. In some case 30 seconds and some one minute and sometimes not all.

@pmusselman There was a brief issue with device control that could have contributed to that. It has been resolved now (http://status.smartthings.com/)

If you continue to see issues, please contact support@smartthings.com

I hope so. I missed my bus because the motion detector switch to unlock my door didnā€™t work. :pensive:

@Jim Thank you sir. Shortly after I emailed support I saw the Device Control Issues notification. My wife came home about two hours before I did an reported that some of the lights did come on when they should have. When I came home and tested I experience the same issues thus the email to support and post. I know you guys are working hard to make this better and I apprieate that. I am trying to keep the faith. :wink:

1 Like

@Jim I owe many of thanks this evening since the snow stopped here in the NE we went outside to snow blow the driveway and walkways. We started before sundown. Thanks to your brillance my sunset lighting fired as scheduled. I think my crisis in faith (-Hank Moody) is coming to end. :grinning:

I donā€™t have a smart switch for my front lights. I got left in the dark as I exercised the most I have in a yearā€¦ Too bad thereā€™s no z-wave masseurā€¦

I apologize if someone already mentioned thisā€¦

It would be nice if we can set offset value to the sunrise/sunset value.

For example, the front porch light is switched on at sunset. Well, ideally, in that time, itā€™s still bright. Plus one hour would be very nice when the sky is starting to get dark.

Yea I second that, I think it has been requested though.

You can, depending on exactly how you are getting rise/set values. I donā€™t think you can offset the rise/set events that come from the platform but you can define offsets when you use the getSuriseAndSunset() method. The Sunrise/Sunset built-in app also has this capability.

Yea I think weā€™re both speaking more of an end user feature. Like any app capable of being triggered by sunrise/sunset should have a secondary offset field.

Link me if this is already covered somewhere else . . .

So, you want to, perhaps at a location level, set an offset that will modify the time that the platform sunrise and sunset events are delivered?

SmartApps can be built with this ability, by using the sunriseTime and sunsetTime events and an input field to gather the offset from the user.

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/smartapp-developers-guide/sunset-and-sunrise.html

1 Like

AaronZON: correct. It is possible to do it from developer platform, but not for a general user. I got questions for few non-technical friends. And to be honest, sometimes Iā€™m just too lazy to code :smile:

I think maybe Iā€™m wanting it in the built-in smartapps like lights and what not. I think location wide would be unnecessary.

My big problem is my basement is much darker than the rest of my house with regards to sunlight.

Itā€™s already in the mobile app for Hello Home Actions. At least the iOS version. I use it for several setups. You can choose an offset from sunrise/sunset instead of plain sunrise/sunset.

Offsets are also supported in Sunrise/Sunset which is in ā€˜moreā€™ > ā€˜convenienceā€™. This app does mode changes and/or controls lights.

Yea Iā€™ve seen it in the Hello Home options. Hello Home kind of confuses me. Wish it were a bit more intuitive. Seems kind of hidden, I end up writing SmartApps for things that exist for End Users that I canā€™t find in the appā€¦

@Jim Can we separate the actual release announcement and comments/question on said announcements? Iā€™d like to see a release thread similar to Plexā€™s, closed to comments. That way I can get emails just for the release, not every question about it.

4 Likes

@ronnycarr this sounds like a great time to tag @April for her thoughts! :smile:

I like the idea.