Platform Issues with Upgrades I'm guessing?

Funny thing is that my garage doors and door locks also work. Nest seems to be changing in response to modes too. It’s the lights and motion sensors that are not working properly or updating.

Most of my Z-wave and Zigbee (switch and motion sensor) devices are not logging any activity at all. The big switch smartapp seems to be entirely not working as well. Emailed support but no response yet.

I am experiencing issues with several things over the last few days. First off, sunrise and sunset attached lights. My landscape lights and living room lamp are not coming on/off as expected. Also, my bed lamp is also supposed to turn on at night before bed and it is not working. Further, i have two sets of lights that work off of motion but only after dark. These do not work either. Lastly, the dimmer does not control my TCP lights now. I can turn them on/off with the app, but dimming does not work. This is a huge PITA. Emailed support. Waiting on a response.

I think your issues from 2 days ago are unrelated to the widespread issues that began today at 4:20am.

The status page says everything is operational at 10:30 EDT - come on.

1 Like

Same - lost all motion sensors overnight and now lights not reporting correct state

I don’t get how a new app can cause lost devices. I can’t even get into my devices with a table error (hopefully that will be fixed later today) to see if my devices are responding.

2 Likes

COME ON–what a stupid response. My motions stopped working last night. Been working fine before that. My lights that turn on at night were borked last weekend when they did their “upgrade”. Smartthings has incorporated many changes over the last week. Come on.

You understand my first sentence and you misunderstand my second sentence.

But thank you for saving me any future interest, and goodbye.

Status page changed back to normal. All my issues are still present. I don’t want to delete and add 30+ sensors/contact. I have tall ceilings and tall doors…

I’m having similar issues with unresponsive/missing motion sensors and scheduled events to turn lights off at sunrise not firing. For the moment (13:25 EDT) its back to normal, but its been up and down several times in the past day or two.

bc

All but my two Smarrthings presence sensors seem to be working now in a cursory glance. I’ve been using automation for a long time with other systems, I’ve learned never to trust your health or well-being to anything a human has touched recently, or at least have a backup. The problem with robots and automation is the humans who program them. :wink:

I’m guessing the new app included a push of code elsewhere. Only explanation really.

Some people have reported in other threads that if they had a non-responsive device, they went to the IDE, they went into edit that device, and they just saved it again, then the device became responsive once more.

Could be a lot of work, but just wanted to mention it in case anybody’s feeling desperate.

2 Likes

Thank you! That seemed to work for me. I don’t have a huge number of devices, so I was able to do this fairly quickly and the sensors started talking to the hub again.

1 Like

That seems to work! After a minute or so, the “edited” devices start sending back events.

1 Like

Seconded… the “Edit/Update” trick just fixed one of my Z-Wave Switches… Easiest way to confirm was to look @ the “Recently” page on the device after saving it and toggling the switch, it started logging its status again.

Thank you! Been waiting for this for a day. Support has got to be swamped by tickets, I opened one this morning, but they haven’t got to mine yet.

-Rob

I am now of the opinion that this was not a huge issue, as everything started working after the platform outage was fixed. Love the new app, it’s worth any temporary trouble. It’s still messy in parts, but rooms and routines are great moves towards an effortless GUI.

Yeah my issue never resurfaced, so I chalked it up to a small hiccup while they ironed out some issues with the upgrades. So far I am very happy with the direction the app is going, like @bridaus said, some of it is a little “clunky” still, but definitely an improvement over the previous model.