Philips Hue stopped working

I went to the api thing - deleted the hue hub - then reattached via the app, perfect.

here I think?

Should be fixed for everyone now. We haven’t migrated our North America users over from the old connect apps to the new connect apps. When the users try to use SuperConnect by entering the pairing screen, they get migrated over, but there is a caching bug that causes the lights to sometimes not work correctly.
We basically updated our architecture so that the Hue bulbs are children of the Hue Bridge rather than the children of the smartapp.

Does that mean that NA users don’t have the immediate Hue status update that’s part of the new connect apps?

Hello, my Hue stuff still is not working, do I need to do something to push the fix to my box? Thanks.

fixed now.

thanks! totally works

Mine still aren’t working

should be fixed now

My Hue Bridge has become unresponsive to ST.

Should be fixed now.

My hue setup works off and on I can see the bridge going online and offline. I have to restart ST Hub for it to work but then only works for a few minutes then it stops again and all lights get stuck on “turning on” or “turning off”

iOS Hue App is always working.

I just notIced the same issue. My hue lights have become unresponsive. The status on my Hue hub shows disconnected and reconnected every 5 minutes.

@Lars ^^^^

Can you PM me your SmartThings account and I will take a look, thanks!

Can you PM me your SmartThings account please?

Done 12345

I’m having the same issue with Hue lights not working.

My hue lights are not working either.

Last night I noticed several of my Hue White Ambiance bulbs were stuck in “turning on” or “turning off”. They’d turn on and off OK, but the status of them never change from the “turning
” states.

I looked at the properties for all 7 of my bulbs and the device types for all had changed to “LAN Hue Color Temperature” (these are all White Ambiance bulbs - some A19, some BR30). I changed the type for each to “LAN Hue White Ambiance Bulb” which seemed to fix them.

A bit annoyed.

Lars - I am having difficulty PM’ing you. May be because I am a new user?