Philips Hue Dimmer Question

I’m asking here since I know a lot of you have Hue bulbs. I can’t figure out how to make this scenario work.

Two Hue bulbs (let’s say A and B) in a bedroom, one on each nightstand. Three Hue Dimmers (1, 2, and 3). Dimmer 1 is just inside the bedroo door, currently configured in the Hue app to control both lights, give us control we didn’t previously have walking into the bedroom.

I would like to place dimmer 2 on one nightstand and dimmer 3 on the other. I want dimmer 2 to just control bulb A and dimmer 3 to control only bulb B. Herein lies the problem - I can’t see how to have a Hue dimmer switch control and dim a single bulb.

Am I missing something? Is there another app I could use to do this? I don’t think the iConnectHue app can do it.

I ran into the same problem. I think the only way is to not group the two nightstand lights into the same room.

So, the iConnectHue app for iOS can do this. It still has some limitations (which I think are related to the Hue API), but I was able to do exactly what I wanted to do. WAF is high… and we now have the ability to turn on lights as we walk in the room we couldn’t before, so no more walking into a dark room!

1 Like

The iConnectHue App has a lot of cool features. It’s only available for iOS, though.

We considered it five dollars well spent, as long as you have an iOS device. :sunglasses:

http://iconnecthue.com