[OBSOLETE] Philio PST02-1A 4-in-1 Multi Sensor Device Handler

Here is a device handler for Philio PST02-1A 4-in-1 Multi Sensor. Works for me in it’s current form:

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the device handler. I used it and everything works properly except contact sensor. It shows always “closed”. I am new and don’t have any knowledge about coding. What can be the problem?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, if you are using the exact sensor, which is Philio PST02-1A, then I suggest you to exclude, factory reset and then re-include the sensor to SmartThings.

By the way, good to see Turkish SmartThings users. Kolay gelsin!

Thanks for the tip. I restarted hub for another reason and after that all functions of the sensor worked perfectly.

Iyi gunler.

Hi, does anyone know that,with using a customer device handler for these, will they work with the hub when it is on battery backup?

Many thanks for this @ertanden!! I’ve had a Devolo branded sensor for a while now, nothing worked, It always showed as open, it doesn’t have the motion on my sensor, but does have all the rest. I’d tried so many DH previously. And this worked on the first attempt! Very cool, thank you very much :relaxed::+1:

Thanks, just got my Hauppauge starter kit and this DH works for motion, contact and temp straight away!
Did take a minute to gather it’s thoughts and start working, but as soon as the temperature popped up in the app it’s working flawlessly.

1 Like

Having some fun and games with the sockets though.
They’re working ok as on/off but no power metering.
Also I need to unplug them at least once per day as they stop responding, typically in the evening when I need them. Cant find a DH for the sockets though, wish I was talented enough to write one! :slight_smile:

Plug your Hauppauge sockets into a mechanical timeswitch that turns off for one 10 minute “block” every 24 hours, in the early hours of the morning or something :wink:

1 Like

Trying to disable the red LED light on the multi sensor, which triggers every time it detects movement. I have found the sensor manual (http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&type=&sku=PHI_PST02-1A) and I tried setting parameter 6 to value = 7 using the device handler (DH) from this thread (there’s a configuration section in the code). However that change doesn’t seem to be executed. Can I force it somehow? There’s no ‘configure’ action directly available from the DH.

I just left mine as 4, and I don’t have any light showing.

Strange. My device handler was initially installed with parameter 6 set to
value = 4, then changed to value = 7. In both cases the red light is still
showing. I believe somehow that configuration is not sent to my sensor,
since there is no ‘configure’ functionality in the way the handler works
within the ST mobile app. I’m missing how to execute the change for real
and send it to the sensor.

Actually, the LED should not blink on motion detection. Are you sure the the DIP switches inside the sensor are set to “Normal mode” and not “Test Mode”? Also be sure that the tamper switch is pressed.

Check this manual: https://doc.eedomus.com/files/PST02_Manual-2014-09-17.pdf

By the way, you can exclude and re-include the device with SmartThings mobile app to set the new configuration.

One thing to consider for me is that I am not using this device as a door sensor. I have not even installed the magnet alongside it. So actually the sensor is always working as if the door/window is open. I am only interested in the motion capability, which is actually working properly in this particular environment (apart from the red light). I’ll check the internal jumpers and the tamper switch as you suggested. Thanks.

Have you tried selecting the cog within the ST app, then click “done”?

No effect using the cog.

Devolo brand these sensors too, they had a really good document which included the settings. Pretty sure the parameters are the same.
http://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-devolo-home-control-starter-pack

Regards
Roy

Hi. I used this handler on a zipato branded equivalent of this sensor. It works fine except for temperature. The reading seems to be off, the offset setting has no effect, there is a decimal point after the reading on the tile and it only seems to update the reading if the sensor detects motion or contact closure. Any ideas? In fact temperature has just frozen now.

Hi. I used this handler on a zipato branded equivalent of this sensor. It works fine except for temperature. The reading seems to be off, the offset setting has no effect, there is a decimal point after the reading on the tile and it only seems to update the reading if the sensor detects motion or contact closure. Any ideas? In fact temperature has just frozen now.

I’m using it on the philio, and temperature isn’t working, so maybe they have had a change of hardware, or maybe they never worked.
Will try to look at it someday in the future, but alot of other things are more important at the moment…