Personal weather station

I have an Acurite personal weather station (the 5-in-1 model) that is connected to the internet. I would like to be able to connect to my personal weather station (or get my weather data from it and not from general weather sources). How do I do that???

Thanks for any help you can offer

"Weather" virtual tile not getting humidity reading?
(Dan) #2

The easiest way would be to upload your Accurite weather data to Weather Underground. WU happens to be the weather data provider for SmartThings. Then you can access your data in SmartThings by using your weather station code (“pws:YOUR_STATION_ID”) in place of a zip code, in SmartApps.

The other option would be to develop a device type handler if one doesn’t exists already. But it hardly seems worth it if you can easily upload to WU.

(Realy Living Dream) #3

(Alan Guggenheim) #4

Which smartApp do you use?

(Dan) #5

I use weather tile device to view the current observations, but the main thing I use is a community contributed smart sprinkler smartapp to use the station’s rainfall to control whether the sprinklers need to be turned on.

(Joseph Whistler) #6

To be clear…quotes, or no quotes? (“pws:YOUR_STATION_ID”)

(Dan) #7

No quotes. It was a dark and stormy night…

(Joseph Whistler) #8

HaHa… thanks! I thought so. Takes some time for the link begin updating and I was getting impatient. I hear a whisper in my ear…“Patience, Grasshopper, patience!” :slight_smile: