PEQ sensors on sale again

My 2 water sensors showed up today, it was the UPS delivery. I never got a shipping confirmation though…

1 Like

Anybody else experience rather short battery life with the Peq water sensors? Especially if they get activated once or twice. I think I’ve noticed low battery about every six months or so, less for one in the master bath which got wet maybe twice.

Mine all go well over a year. How good is your mesh in the area of the sensors ? Biggest factor in battery life ( of any battery powered sensor) will be how much power it has to put to the radio to " phone home"

all my PEQ - water and contact - have battery life of over a year - Very happy with them

2 Likes

Yeah, battery seem good here as well over a year. I test my water sensors whenever I don’t see a temp change in more than 2 days or ST firmware update which often freeze some of the sensors. This is one of the reason I like this sensor over other because of the temp.

3 Likes

FYI, these are on sale for even cheaper now

1 Like

Water sensors seem to be out of stock and their site is brutally slow

If people are having trouble getting through the shipping options page, used this tip from Slick Deals and worked. Comment is at the bottom of this page.

"I was able to get past shipping methods and place an order! Here are the details about what I did when I was able to place the order:

Browser: Chrome with Adblock turned off
Steps:
Checkout as guest
Enter billing info, leave the box checked for “billing address same as shipping address"
Click the “obtain shipping methods” button
Open the developer tools console (on mac: Opt+Cmd+I, then ‘Esc’ to get to the console)
Copy and paste the following line of javascript code in the console and hit 'Enter’
Code:
shippingMethod.save();updateShippingSelectFromStep();
If you did it properly, you should be presented with a browser alert. Click “ok” on the alert
Close the developer console
Click the “Obtain shipping methods” button again, wait 15-20 seconds and the shipping method selection UI should appear. If it doesn’t, repeat step 4-8 until it works
Hope that helps someone!”

Seems a bit excessive to me.

1 Like

worked perfectly! thanks!

I was able to get my order without the need for the scripts, it did take the shipping options few seconds to show maybe 20-30 seconds.

1 Like

Has anybody tried the PEQ cameras ?

https://www.mypeq.com/camera.html

The specs ae pretty sparse ,but at $25 for outdoor camera it would be worth giving them a try.
Looks like they are POE, since I don’t see a power adapter and only a RJ-45 plug on the back of it in the pics.

1 Like

Very well might have just been luck of timing but I was trying for a good 45 min until I tried this then went through.

Forgot the other thing I did was not allow chrome to auto fill address.

Does anyone know if the plugs also do power monitoring?

Yes they do.

Yes, they are the same Centralite plugs as ST

ALL SALES ARE FINAL

So, does that mean they’re on their way out? (I haven’t been keeping up on it all)

I think they have been on the way out since Best Buy dropped them a couple years ago. I would NOT invest in one of their hubs or monthly service plans. No reason to worry about their standard Centralite sensors suddenly stop working though

I was able to get a dimmer and another motion sensor. Thanks!

Do they only do basic functions like motion or contact or do they also do any temp/tamper/humidty?