[OBSOLETE] Peanut Plug with Smartthings? (DTH in post 35)

Unfortunately, I upgraded all my plugs to latest firmware. If I come across one without firmware upgrade later, i can give it a try.
Did you take a look at the IDE log for the device to see if it shows two lines for on and two lines for off too?
In my case, i only see one for each said

description is on/off: 0
description is on/off: 1

Hmm, I was hoping this handler would work with my Peanut plugs since I bought them not too long ago, but the firmware update must have been very recent. No big deal, they are still functioning very well.

I’m using the DTH “Zigbee Switch Power” with a Peanut that I just received - wanted to use a stock DTH to retain local processing.

Just wanted to know:

1. If there is a preferred handler aside from this one for the peanut (that also provides local processing)?
  2. Is there a way to discover what FW my plug has aside from using a Securify router? I bought my mom an Almond router a while back and planned to use that to check/update the FW, but turns out she has the older one that does not support Zigbee…

Thanks!

pakmanwg your device handler works on/off flawlessly thank you. Couldn’t get the consumption but doesn’t matter for me. Thanks again.

I just got a peanut plug and I am unable to pair the device.

Just a checklist.

• Peanut version 2015+
  • SmartThings Hub v1
  • Press the pairing button for 10 seconds on the peanut. Peanut is literally 2 feet away from ST hub.

Could it be my old school hub? It does support Zigbee…

You can try the following, after pressing the pairing button for 10 seconds.

1. add device from your smartthings app
  2. remove the peanut from your outlet for a few seconds and plug it back. You will see the light on peanut flashing red and green several times and then solid green.

If you don’t see it flashing several times, try repeat pressing the pairing button for 10 seconds and unplug and plug again.

You should see the device found on the screen within ten seconds or so.

1 Like

Hi Danabw

1. all custom DTH are running in the cloud as far as I know. You can try using the default zigbee switch DTH if you want to run locally.
  2. I am not aware of a way to tell the FW version other than the Securify Router.

Hi eleport1

Great to hear that it is working for you. You need firmware upgrade to get the power data. Somehow they don’t update the firmware when they ship it. I got several new ones from Amazon, they are all old firmware.

Would you have the GitHub settings so I can add them to my update settings? Thanks.

Hi, joelw135

Just updated the github, you can try the settings

owner: pakmanwg
name: smartthings-peanut-plug
branch: master

You should be able to add to your settings. Let me know if you have problem.

Worked fine thanks.

I posted this in the Deals thread, but I had originally planned to post it here…

Where are you located?

Katy, Texas

I am going to walk over there from New Jersey!

Hah. Just let me know when to expect you!

@WellBalanced I am in Houston and would be interested in having my Peanut Plugs firmware updated. I have two now but am looking to get a few more. Once they are in perhaps I can buy you some beer for your trouble? :slight_smile:

I am totally open to that. :beer:

I was able to get my Peanut Plugs firmware upgraded thanks to the kindness of @WellBalanced. Thanks again!

@pakmanwg have you noticed incorrect wattage readings with your DTH? I have a PC plugged into one which I know pulls around 900w constantly but the Peanut Plug in ST is showing about half of that.

Hi, the W is getting directly from the peanut plug, I did not do any conversion. The kwh is done by sampling, it is sampling every 5 min, it is taking the sample W multiplied by the time to get kwh. So if the usage fluctuate quickly, the kwh may not be accurate.
Are you sure it is pulling 900W, this is a lot of power. I am not sure if there is normal current range for the plug to measure the wattage correctly. Do you have another peanut plug to try to see if the W is consistent?