[OBSOLETE] Peanut Plug with Smartthings? (DTH in post 35)

This pairing issue was just brought to my attention. There was a change made late this week that unintentionally broke pairing of the Peanut Plug and I’m working to get that rolled back.

1 Like

We rolled back the change and I confirmed that I can join the Peanut Plug as a Thing if the Device Type Handler isn’t there.

2 Likes

Hi I tried adding your github into my settings but am getting this error:
“You don’t have access to pakmanwg/smartthings-peanut-plug”

owner: pakmanwg
name: smartthings-peanut-plug
branch: master
any thoughts?
thanks for the help
Peter

Hi Peter

Was you able to see the code from github.com?
And do you have issues adding code from other owner?

Hi, thanks for replying. I do see your code in GitHub.com and have added other owners for other DTHs.

Peter

Hi Peter

Someone seems to have the same problem as you.

See the post here

I just got a couple of Peanut plugs, mostly to help as Zigbee repeaters.

What version is the “newer” firmware needed for the DTH mentioned in this thread. Also, is there any DTH which allows turning off the LED in the plug?

The DTH in this thread works with the old firmware just fine, but you dont have the ability to see energy use. I’m not sure if there are any others for these plugs that allow you to disable or inverse the LED. But it’s only on when the plug is on.

1 Like

@WellBalanced - Hi, do you per chance still do firmware upgrades of the peanut plugs?

Shout out to Pakmanwg. Been using the DTH for a while now and just recently updated the firmware on the Peanuts. Now I can monitor power for my two electric vehicles. Yeah!

Just bought a couple of these during the recent sale and neither will pair. Tried the first out of the box and device indicates in pairing mode, I choose add device in ST, device light goes out, and that’s the end of it. I added the custom handler before trying the second device and the behavior is the same. Any suggestions?

Try and use the “classic” Smartthings app to add this device, cause I also had issues with the Samsung branded Smartthings app, so I keep BOTH apps on my phone at all times. Let me know if that worked for you?

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I was already using the Classic app.

And you have access to the IDE and they aren’t listed on there anywhere?? Only thing I can think is that you don’t have the Zigbee radio turned on or something is just not right. Hope you can figure it all out! Good luck 2 you! And try using BOTH apps to add the device if you haven’t already…

I have the same issue. I just purchased 3 Peanuts from Amazon. None of them will pair. I tried the resets, no go. Does anyone know what the LED indicators means? The unit blinks red for about 5-10 seconds after a reset. I have other Zigbee devices in the house so I know the Smartthing hubs works. Sequence I tried are:

1. Out of the box, plug in, press pair button.
  2. Reset via 10 sec press on pair mode. Unplug, wait 1 min, plug in and press the pairing button once
  3. and many combination in between.

I also have the pakmanwg DH installed and using Samsung’s Classic App.

What I did was I temporarily moved the plug close to the ST hub. Once pairing was complete, I then moved the plug where I needed it to be. If you move the plug too far away from the ST Hub, make sure you remove the power form the hub. Wait for a while and then power up the ST hub. This forces the Zigbee devices to re-create the mesh and a new route.
Hope this helps.

I used the new ST app and it autodetected the Peanut Plug as a “SmartPower Outlet”.
I did not have to change the DH for the plug to work. I stll need to update the firmware on the Peanut to get the power reading though.

The plug is only 10 feet away from the ST. I just tried moving it w/i 12 inches, no go. I tried rebooting the hub, no go. Also tried the new ST App, no go. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Keen Smartvent Bridge. I hear my vents clicking when I tried to pair the Peanut. Will have to disable it and see.

BTW: How do you know when the peanut is in pairing mode. What color should the LED be and how many flashes?

Ok, after further research, this is what I found out:

1. I can put the Peanuts in pairing mode by pressing the pairing button for 10 seconds. The unit LED will blink red once. Then press the pairing button again and the unit will continuously blink red.

2. In the ST Classic App, as soon as you try to Add a new Device, the Peanut LED will stop blinking.

3. If I look in Hub Event list on the developer website, I see the following zbjoin event which tells me the Hub see the Peanut:

zbjoin: {“dni”:“713B”,“d”:“000D6F000534880B”,“capabilities”:“8E”,“endpoints”:[{“simple”:“01 0104 0000 00 08 0000 0001 0003 0004 0005 0006 0B04 0B05 09 0000 0001 0003 0004 0005 0006 0019 0B04 0B05”,“manufacturer”:“Securifi Ltd.”…

1. However, I never see the device added. About 10-15 seconds later, I will see a catchall event. However, the Device Network ID looked to have changed.

catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0000 00 C1D3 00 00 0000 0B 00 0BC1

1. If I reset the unit again and try to pair it, I will see another zbjoin with the same Zigbee EUID but a different Device Network ID. I’m assuming this is because the device didn’t pair correctly.

2. Look at the zbjoin data, the fingerprint data matches up with the DTH.

So, what going on here? BTW: I have a v2 Hub.

UPDATE:

Success, at last.

I added , manufacturer: “Securifi Ltd.” to the fingerprint profile so now it reads:

fingerprint profileId: “0104”, inClusters: “0000, 0001, 0003, 0004, 0005, 0006, 0B04, 0B05”, outClusters: “0000, 0001, 0003, 0004, 0005, 0006, 0019, 0B04, 0B05”, manufacturer: “Securifi Ltd.”

Peanut was paired almost immediately. I hope that helps.

pakmanwg- You may want to update your code. Thank you for your work.

-Doug

3 Likes