Parsing events - should I be able to see 'all' events?

Hi,
so I’m trying to get my head around device drivers in order to figure out how to get my Fibaro Universal Binary Sensors to work.
I think I’ve got my head around parsing and creating events but I don’t seem to be getting all the events I’d expect.

So the device has two inputs, when I activate input 1 I get this response via log.debug:
(“b1381a5a-a91b-4827-8517-1325983251b3 21:53:04: debug 'zw device: 06, command: 2001, payload: FF ’ parsed to [descriptionText:UBS 1: BasicSet(value: 255), isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:UBS 1]”)

However when I activate input 2 I get nothing.
In it’s default state the device parameters enable both inputs (although I haven’t yet figured out how to set the parameters in the driver).

My fairly basic understanding is ‘parse’ is the bottom level of the device driver so I should expect to see a message when the 2nd input is activated, is that correct? Or is there something else I need to do to handle devices with more than one function?

FYI for testing purposes I’m using an unmodified version of the “Z-Wave Device Multichannel” driver template.

Well I seem to have answered my own question and the answer was “yes” parse should show all events from the device.
The issue seems to have been the device was in some form of ‘basic’ mode and I’ve managed to kick it into ‘multichannel’ mode so now I’m seeing all the events and I’ve even managed to kick the events back up to my smart app.

What I’m not sure about is how I changed the mode, since it’s now in the right mode I can’t replicate what I did!
Obviously need a bit more investigation…