Outdoor Speaker or Intercom?

I know there are Video DoorBells like Nest and Ring which provide the intercom facility so you can talk to whoever is at the door. But I just want to have the ability to speak. Is there any Smart Intercom products out there? maybe a WiFi speaker that you can then use Alexa to speak to?

I have my Alexa door hooked up to my outdoor speakers and use the intercom function.

How do you do that? Which intercom feature are you referring to on alexa? The only thing I know of on Alexa is the drop-in option but I can only seem to drop in to my Echo Speakers. I have a WiFi speaker which is added to Alexa as a device but drop-in to that is not an option for some reason.

This works between my alexa speakers but I have a Jam WiFi speaker which has Alexa function but I can’t seem to be able to drop into the Jam speaker. When I go to edit the settings of my devices, under the Alexa speakers there is a Communication settings section which you can configure the drop-in settings but the Jam speaker doesn’t have the communication setting. I don’t want to put an Echo dot outside because I dont want it to be listening number 1 plus it isn’t weatherproof

My Alexa is not outside it is connected to my AV that has speakers that are outside on Zone 2 so I’m able to run Alexa inside to have anything I want be broadcast on the speakers outside

1 Like

Oh now I get you :slight_smile: So basically I can keep an echo dot for the front door intercom connected to an external speaker

If that’s speaker is outside and you’re running cable to it