Outdoor Sirens for UK? (2018)

I was about 1.5meters away from the hub. Will try right next to the hub tomorrow as last I tried earlier the siren went off and my little one is fast asleep lol.

In the meantime, in regards to WebCoRE, I was watching a few of your YouTube videos to try and familiarize myself with it. You mentioned above that WebCoRE saves and runs all automations in the SmartThings cloud. In your video I noticed you have to use the webCoRE web UI as the tool to manage the automations, so it got me thinking, am I correct in understanding that WebCoRE is the tool/UI used to create and edit the automations which then save on the ST cloud. So if WebCoRE was to have downtime, it wonā€™t effect the automations just the abiity to edit or manage the automations. Is that right? So hence once the automations are created they are reliant on WebCoRE to actually run?

Also, noticed in your demo you set up a SMS alert. How does this work? surely SMS messages costs someone. Who is sending this SMS and how does that work? Can we send Push notifications with custom messages? for example when SHM is armed to send Push Notification to say Your Home is Armed

Thatā€™s awesome, just watching the installation video properly to make sure i do the webCoRE install properly. In your personal opinion which is better option for alerting SMS or Push? or both? Like for example I want to have a rule that arms the SHM if all mobile presence and presence sensor leaves to let me know that house is armed. That way for example I can get used to that and if I donā€™t get that then know something went wrong so i can manually arm it etc.

Wow that looks good. Going to give the install a try tomorrow

1 Like

Sorry this might sound silly but when you say I can import the above example code using j4ouy how do I do that?

Also when automations are created and saved are they only visible through webCoRE web UI or can we see a summary of it on ST app?

I figured out what was wrong with the siren. It seems that the following custom handler, just isnt working my my DCH-Z510. As soon as I deleted the handler and attempted to re-pair it, it came up straight away. And it seems this was the reason I had to reset my siren in the first place thinking it wasnā€™t working when in fact when it tried to come online the handler was effecting it. So I managed to pair it and it paired as a Aeon Siren, i tested it and the alarm goes off nicely. The minute i add the handler again it goes funny and completely stops responding and eventually goes offline.

Seeing as I am planning to be setting up WebCoRE shortly, is it possible to control the chime from WebCoRE using the default Aeon Handler?

I tried removing the fingerprint deviceId doesnā€™t work and now device is completely failing to come online at all. Iā€™ve removed the device handler and still cannot get it to come online anymore. So probably have to do a full reset again.

I compared against your version, only difference is line 46 Your code reads:

multiAttributeTile(name:"alarm", type: "generic", width: 6, height: 4, canChangeIcon: false, canChangeBackground: true){

but mine reads:

multiAttributeTile(name:"alarm", type: "generic", width: 6, height: 4){

The siren has now become completely unresponsive, iā€™ve deleted the handler and everything just not coming online. I will have to do a remove and re-pair again tomorrow. I will that other handler you mentioned.

That tile looks awesome. Itā€™s a brand new device that was boxed and sealed. Iā€™ve got 2 new ones arriving either today or tomorrow so will try those out.

I will try out a few other combinations later today when i get home.

Iā€™ve started to install WebCoRE going to finish it off later today too. Just had another thought, the other day I tried out SHM where SHM would send push notification when door sensors are opened in armed mode. The nice thing about it was that I can view history and clear false alarms etc. When I switch to using WebCoRE and pistons to auto-arm and trigger sirens etc, is there a way to log these in SHM?

Also, do you happen to use Alexa and Echosistant? if so, does it work ok with WebCoRE? I read somewhere that you can use Echo as a TTS speaker if you use Echosistant. If thatā€™s the case that will be kind of cool because then when I run a disarm piston I can potentially have echo dot say welcome home, iā€™ve disarmed the alarm for you. Any experience with this?

Awesome thanks

There are quite a few WiFi Alexa enabled speakers on sale. One particular one is JAM Voice Portable Wifi with Alexa voice. Wondering if this can added to SmartThings, can find any instructions how to add a WiFi speaker to SmartThings. I assume it has to be done with BigTalker?

Will do thanks :slight_smile:

So, my new sirens came and it seems the old siren is fine. Because now old siren and new ones are both working but they only work with the Aeon Siren. It seems the other Hanlder isnā€™t conflicting was just I wasnā€™t taking it close enough to pair it. However, the custom handler just doesnā€™t seem to operate the Siren at all. If i edit it in IDE and change over to the custom handler, I see the different options for chime, etc but whatever I press doesnt work. Only works if I put it back to Aeon. Any ideas what is wrong? I would really like these sirens to be able to Chime.

I donā€™t see any errors just these debug messages in the order correct order as soon as I pressed door chime:

Sounding Siren With Door Chime

Sending Insecure Command NotificationReport(event: 22, eventParameter: [], eventParametersLength: 0, notificationStatus: 0, notificationType: 6, reserved61: 0, sequence: false, v1AlarmLevel: 0, v1AlarmType: 0, zensorNetSourceNodeId: 0)

Sending Insecure Command BasicGet()

So I have to remove it and then re-pair it? Does this mean they are all getting paired as insecure? How is that happening

Thanks, I will try and exclude, reset and re-pair. Is there a easy way to tell if it is being included as a secure device or insecure? Because if I pair it, I have to then go through this process to see the log to see if itā€™s secure

I donā€™t know what I am doing wrong but I think maybe something seriously wrong in the way I am pairing it as I can never 100% always get it to work. Iā€™ve removed it and now stuck again trying to add it. I reset as per the instructions. and the few times that I was able to successfully add it was when I just randomly pressed the small button in the small circle instead of the tamper switch. I could never get it to pair with the tamper switch.

Struggling to get it to pair now. In live logging when I put it in Add A Thing and then press 3 times quickly on the siren I get this message:

10:40:08 PM: debug Parsed 'zw device: 21, command: 9881, payload: 00 20 03 00 ' to [['name':'switch', 'value':'off', 'displayed':false, 'isStateChange':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 switch is off], ['name':'alarm', 'value':'off', 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 alarm is off]]
10:40:08 PM: debug Parse returned [['name':'switch', 'value':'off', 'displayed':false, 'isStateChange':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 switch is off], ['name':'alarm', 'value':'off', 'isStateChange':true, 'displayed':true, 'linkText':'Dlink DCH-Z510', 'descriptionText':Dlink DCH-Z510 alarm is off]]
10:40:08 PM: debug rx BasicReport(value: 0)
10:40:08 PM: debug encapsulated: BasicReport(value: 0)
10:40:07 PM: debug No devices to add, verified devices: [:]
10:40:07 PM: debug detecting status for 80ee11c5-86cb-40ca-a409-ad2e2ddd29e0 : true

Any ideas what is going on?

Also noticed these errors in the Live Logging when I am trying to pair the siren:

debug Parsed 'zw device: 21, command: 5E02, payload: 01 05 00 0F 00 0F 00 ' to null
debug Couldn't zwave.parse 'zw device: 21, command: 5E02, payload: 01 05 00 0F 00 0F 00 '