Out of the loop - Many errors with new App, Classic app doesn't have my Things

Hi all,

I have been out of the loop and am wondering what is going on with the new app?

It has things missing from the old app e.g.

• historical sensor activity,
  • my Xiaomi sensors do not show their state on the main home screen.

My “SmartThings Classic” app has none of my Things (and weirdly didn’t ask for my password)

Check to see if you now have more than one home location. Possible you only need to change home locations in the Classic app.

You may be able t get them working by making a small edit in the device handler. Read the following post or contact the developer of the device handler.

3 Likes

I checked, and I only have one Home location in the classic app. Bizarrely, over lunchtime just, I got a Classic notification of a door being opened, despite not being able to see the Things!

thank you for that, but there doesn’t seem to be an interface option to store historic sensor readings in the new app, am I reading this right?

Is your things list blank or do you see the error something went wrong? Login to IDE and check your.locations. Also, try logging out of classic and when you log back in, choose new user

The notifications are what they are right now in STSC, you can’t change that.

1 Like

It’s under notifications from the dashboard menu

1 Like

my list of things is blank, but you’re right, In the IDE I now have 2 homes (!?!), however it won’t allow me to delete the duff one!

Oh No! Something Went Wrong!

Hopefully you’ll get the current issues figured out soon. I thought you might also be interested in the following once you are able to move forward:

3 Likes

You may want to login to IDE with an incognito/private tab in your browser.

In order to delete a Home Location that has nothing in it:

• Login to IDE at https://account.smartthings.com
  • Goto Locations
  • If you have multiple Locations, select the invalid one
  • Make sure there is no Hub associated to it
  • Scroll to the right and click Edit
  • If the Default Location shows “true” (will be read only)
  • If it is “true”, go back to Locations and select your primary (Real) location and set the default location to “true”
  • Now you can edit/delete the additional Home location as it will automatically be set to “false”.

If that fails to resolve the issue, contact ST support and they can do it https://support.smartthings.com

3 Likes

Great ! thanks so much! that helped me to delete the duff location! I wonder how that happened!

I now see all my Things in the new app! now to hunt down that pesky DH :smiley:

1 Like