[OBSOLETE] Osram LIGHTIFY GardenSpot Minis rgb - aap version

will you post a screen shot of your piston?

I noticed in your dashboard screenshot that you use variables. Can’t you just say " if time is between x and y, then do your actions that you show? Else turn off?

Thanks eric

@infofiend:

So I tried setting up a piston like you have.

Core is asking me to set A parameter value? Not sure what to do here.

This is what I have so far. I was able to back out of the screen asking me for a parameter value without entering one.

Will this work?

So i got this working. Remotely from work because I’m bored. Couple questions:

1. Setting random hue doesn’t change level or saturation according to the status of the light when I click on “recently”. So can I set the level to 99 if I want them as bright as possible? Then random hue will stay at level 99?

2. What’s the difference between using core to set random hue every 5 minutes versus using the regular device handler and using core just change to a random color every five minutes? Is it that if the hueloop is on, they will transition to next color instead of just switching instantaneously? Is that the only difference?

1 Like

Yes. I like to make my system overly complicated. :sunglasses:

Yes.

I haven’t been able to get CoRE to change to a random color. That’s why I created this DTH.

This is the piston I was using before to change the color randomly every seven minutes. And it was working fine. might want to try this for your information.

Maybe not now since you created this DTH by the way it is nice!

Your way of doing it with your new DTH has a nice transition to the next color which I like.

1 Like

@infofiend

Thanks the transition effect looks great and my wife approves

I have a question on your second Piston screenshot post which shows using luminance weather information from NY. Is that the standard weather tile? I just installed a weather tile and it does not refresh the data on its own.

I created my first piston/CoRe rule copying your first screenshot post almost exactly to handle just the random/transition effect.

I am using 2 smart lighting rules/ motion/ door open/ to handle on and off. In your second post of your rules you show a luminance rule for NY.

I tried that using the built in virtual weather tile but that tile does not seem to refresh on its own.

How are you getting the luminance information? Thanks

Tried this a bit last night. Dont know if I’m doing something wrong or what.

So added the repo, downloaded from the repo. Went into my gardenspots in my devices, and changed its handler from the stock one to your handler.

Now here is where I am getting ‘lost’. So went into the device and it did show your new handler. I tap to turn on the lights, it says they are on, nothing happens tho. If i slide the level slider, it then turns the lights on. Even tho the level showed 100% or 99% the whole time.

Also when picking colors, I swear anything on the right side of the color picker pretty much makes them red and nothing else. Its like the upper part or the lower part of the color picker (i forget which … sorry i slept between when i did it and now :slight_smile: ) seems like it doesnt do much. Tried the preset color blobs on the bottom, and they dont really show as expected. I can play again tonight.

But yea put it back to the stock handler for now. I dont ‘need’ the color loop, but accurate color picking is what I want. Still yet Im picking ‘lime’ and get a mostly white looking light with either handler. like most the time I want the color to be a mostly white looking light, but would like to not have to peck around to find the right color.

Still baffles me that the stock handler is so shite even for just basic color picking.

Are you in the US? This DTH is only for the US version.

I use the Smart Weather 2.0 tile:

Yup.

Now are these odd ball lights who knows :). Got them on Amazon like 6-8 months ago. The default DTH has always been sketchy. The only way I ever got the color to match the name. was using RuleMachine. I am currently using SmartLighting and it is wonky, I’ve read that its because it assumes Hue bulbs. But right now I just set the color by hand and tell SL to turn them on at 100% since it will default to the last color.

I’ve not updated firmware or anything on the gardenspots, dont have a Osram gateway. Was debating getting one to do that, but unsure if I’m going to use more Osram lights or go Hue. I have one rgbw recessed can light, and 2 rgbw led strips. All those work as expected :slight_smile: And their default DTH is the updated one with the update color picker. Never understood why ST has left the GardenSpots on the old look DTH with the color wheel on the thing view…

My understanding is that the US version of these lights are using a different Zigbee protocol (ZHA) from the UK versions (ZLL), which means that they have different fingerprints.

Yea I believe thats right. Wonder if any way I can tell. But they do work…just the ‘hue’ color has never matched to anything reasonable.

The other osram’s with the new color picker does work as expected. But still SmartLighting’s colors dont line up. So I cant use it to set them to purple for example. But if I select a purple color, fine.

Whats funny is this is like my major complaint right now with ST… Says a lot. Ive got my stuff mostly stable now I got the Hue hub for my cree bulbs. But these Osram’s do work… just maybe only 85% of the ‘features’ line up lol

Something I’ve noticed… I’m having a lot of trouble turning mine on. I have to toggle the switch in the app multiple times and then most of the time I have to toggle the hue loop switch.

Anyone else seeing this?

I’m experiencing the same problem as of last night. Trying to identify the issue now.

The DTH receives confirmation back from the lights. No errors in IDE. Weird.

1 Like