SmartThings Community

Osram LIGHTIFY GardenSpot Minis rgb - aap version

Yes, I’ll be at my computer tomorrow.

Sorry man, Can I also get a copy? Sent a pm with my email.

I just saw you replied… I must have missed the email notice. I sent you my email address to get a copy of the code the next time your home. Thanks !

This is amazing. I’m being lazy, has anyone figured out how to individually address these lights yet?
Hate to say it but I’d buy the stupid gateway if it will do that…
I know this is old, thanks if you get back.

1 Like

I’m thinking about buying these instead since the distance between the lights can be augmented with longer cables.

Only problem is I don’t see any way to nicely integrate them with ST. They Support IFTTT so basic switching could work. Maybe some string passing with WebCore. Anyone paying attention here see any junk like this get integrated into ST before? Yesss it’s junk!

The app used to control these lights appears to be Magic Home. Maybe the app in the thread below would work.

1 Like

Awesome! I didn’t think to look for it that way. The Amazon posting is a bit vague. Gotta love China. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

If you end up going this way and need help with getting your setup in order, let me know!

Thanks! There’s a long lead time on these lights unfortunately. I was looking into loading the man in the middle software on my raspberry pi and ran into the ol’ that needs to be a daemon issue. I’m really bad at making programs daemons. I have docker running on the pi and it’s my preferred deployment method. @ph4r have you ever made a docker “container”?

Thanks

Yes, but not for an appliance application. This conversation should be in the appropriate thread.

Good thing it’s over for now. Not like there’s anyone on this forum anymore. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Does anyone know how to modify this dth to get it to work with the new st app? @infofiend
Thanks

I haven’t had the opportunity to use the new st app yet.

1 Like

For some reason your app stopped working with my gardenspots. I had to change back to the sotck Osram RGBW. There isn’t an update as I can see. They would not respond to any commands.

Sorry to hear that. I don’t have mine anymore, so don’t have any advice for how to fix. But if I were a betting man, my money would be on some internal, unreleased change by SmartThings.

I have the same problem. As of Friday night/Saturday 10/26/18. My gardenspots stopped responding, I tried the normal troubleshooting of unplugging and waiting, and repeat, nothing was working for all three of mine (which I found odd because normally they disconnect one at a time). Once I moved it back to Zigbee Bulb RGB in the developer portal and unplugged once more they started working, moving them back to the aap version after that they stopped accepting commands again until I moved them back to Zigbee Bulb RGB.

Sad to see this handler die because I loved the random hue and transition time. Also a little annoyed at Smartthing because a backend change can break handlers like this…

Mine is still working. Hopefully it stays that way.

Mine stopped working yesterday. Bummer. Was rock solid for 2 years. AITOO?

Same thing just happened to all four of my Gardenspots, I can no longer control them. The usual power cycle has not helped either. I also used the standard Zigbee RGB bulb device handler. Next step is to try and re-pair them to the hub.

I am using Osram Lightify RGBW DTH by gkl_sf.
It is for Osram/Sylvania RGBW Flex strip light.

I did use exactly the sam DTH GardenSpots and it works, except for White Temperature part, since GardenSpot does not have White.
I have modified/added the code, metadata part:

metadata {
definition (name: “Osram RGBW”, namespace: “gkl-sf”, author: “SmartThings”, ocfDeviceType: “oic.d.light”, mnmn: “SmartThings”, vid: “generic-rgbw-color-bulb”) {
capability “Actuator”
capability “Color Control”
capability “Color Temperature”
capability …
Now I can see both lights and control everything in Connect app

I am planning to modify this DTH and remove Color Temparature part from GardenSpots
Reason for using this DTH is that all extra features work with both Flex and GardenSpot - Color Loop, Blink, Pulse etc…

3 Likes