[OBSOLETE] Osram LIGHTIFY GardenSpot Minis rgb - aap version

I had to uninstall this handler to get my light to pair. Is there an alternative to have the random light feature?

What are you using for the trigger in CoRE?

As far as what triggers the lights to turn on? I use 20 minutes after sunset as a trigger. If that’s what you mean.

I meant how did you set that up in CoRE. I dont see an option to set a trigger. I’m sure it’s simple bit I’m not seeing it.

Here are screenshots of my piston looks like. If you still need help let me know,

1 Like

Lights are currently under about 8-10 inches of snow. Still working.

5 Likes

Stay away from the yellow snow!

1 Like

I purchased a set of these gardenspots and would like to extend the distance between each light but I’m not sure exactly what materials I need. Can someone help me out?

Thanks
Angie

I bought 4 of these gardenspots and they easily paired with ST without any firmware updates. However, ST control of the lights was spotty at best with this DTH for me. The gardenspots would get stuck on a specific color and would not respond to ST app. I deleted the DTH and everything is working fine with the native ST control.

I use these with the direct ST integration. Check your firmware version and make sure it is the latest. Mine acted crazy until the last firmware update… then all has been good.

Unfortunately I don’t own the lightify hub to update the firmware…

You don’t have to. The ST hub will update them. Go into the ide, select your device, and look at the firmware versions. they should look like what is in this picture. If they do not, click on “Check Now”.

If that doesn’t help your problem, or your firmware is up to date, you most likely have a zigbee mesh issue. How strong is your mesh? How many zigbee devices do you have that do NOT run on batteries? You may need some repeaters.

Thanks for this tip. I didn’t know I could update the firmware with ST. Will do so.

My smarthome is almost entirely based on a z wave mesh with very few zigbee devices. So, you are right that it could be mesh problem. However, after I deleted this enhanced DTH, I have had absolutely no issues controlling the gardenspot even after moving them more than 50 yards away from my ST hub in my front yard.

Yeah… I had a lot of problems with that dth as well,

1 Like

How do I update to this target version of firmware with ST? As I mentioned, I do not have a lightify hub.

Current Version: 0x01020205
Target Version: 0x01020492
Last Updated: N/A
Last Checked: 2017-04-29 1:36 PM PDT - Check Now

it should update on its own.

ok… How long is the time lag for ST to update the firmware? Days?
Thanks

Which DTH is that? I don’t see an obvious choice , maybe “Zigbee RGB light”?

I’m having a recurring problem with all of my Gardenspots. I have 4 separate controllers, controlling 7 different strands of Gardenspots (3 instances of 2 strands daisy-chained and 1 instance of a single strand). They are plugged into 3 separate outlets around my house on two different GFI outlet circuits.

Routinely (as in every couple of days), I will find one (and only one) instance of the lights ON and purple. They immediately respond to an OFF command from the app, so they are still communicating with the hub. The behavior seems to me that they must be losing power to the power supply somehow, then re-gaining power, so they come back up in their initial reset power ON state of purple.

Do others have this problem with your Gardenspots? If so, have you found a way to rectify it? I’m trying to figure out if it’s a problem with my house wiring or with the devices themselves.

I have one that has a bad connection at the power supply and had to just swap it out.