Osram Lightify Device Firmware Updates?

@tpmanley My Hub was updated to 16.00013 after I did a reboot today. Did this Hub update contain the OTA firmware update for the OSRAM lights?

My device IDE is showing:

Current Version: 0x0000000F
Target Version: 0x01020492
Last Updated: N/A

So it knows there is an update and can see the bulbs current firmware but it hasn’t sent the update. I have even reset and re-added the bulb. Are we still waiting on the official OTA firmware update?

Click check now in the IDE (device).

I didn’t post that I did that, but I have clicked it like 5 time now trying to trouble shoot it.

It says “Last Checked: 2017-02-07 10:08 PM EST” but Current version is still …0F

It takes a bit. Look in the recent tab for “firmware update started”.

Thanks! Good call, long day, didn’t even think to check the list. Haha looks like I have started the event 3 times. Guess I will let it go over night.

So no luck, wasn’t updated this morning. I reset the light and re-added it to the hub then clicked on “check for updates” and it shows the same info I posted earlier. The list events says “firmware update started” but that was over 2 hours ago.

One interesting thing, when I went into hub utilities and enabled ZigBee OTA I get a popup that states “Selecting this option will allow the hub to provide ZigBee OTA firmware updates (excluding lights)”

Does “excluding lights” mean lights have always been able to get OTA updates, or (what I believe) that I still can’t update my light OTA?

Osram bulbs can indead get updates in the last update.

Another option to try: unplug the device(s) from their power source then power them back on.

It’s on a switched outlet, so I can kill all power to it without needing to remove it.

@joewom
I wounder if I might have a bad bulb then? I am still in the window to exchange it.

look at your notifications: activity feed after you power it back up to see if it starts the firmware update

Which firmware? 16.13? US or UK?

I know if more than a couple are updating it’s really slow (with the max being 5 simultaneously).

16.13, US.

@jkp
Just power cycled and it did show a restart of the firmware update. However if I look in events under “all” there is an event with name “DeviceUpdated” with a display text “Device ‘{{ deviceName }}’ updated” however its “changed” value shows “false”

What firmware version does the bulb that you’re working with have on it? Have you tried a different bulb?

I have two OSRAM UltraIQ flood lights that are still sitting on 0x0000000F as well. My three OSRAM Dimmable A19 all updated to the 0492 version in a matter of a few minutes, but they didn’t start with the 000F version.

Multiple power-cycles over the past few days have not seemed to made a difference in the ability to upgrade those two bulbs.

In order to get the firmware update in my remote hub I had to reboot it… I first enabled ota updates. Then on reboot it got the new hub firmware, and in a few minutes successfully updated my one garden spot to the latest firmware

Same here @michael2 however I only have one BR30 bulb that also has 0x0…0F firmware. I have also restarted the hub and no luck so far.

@bago I have the same firmware as @michael2

I have three and have observed the same behavior. I think those are really Sylvania bulbs and that they’re not on the list of devices that will update OTA yet. If you have a Lightify hub you could try pairing them with it to see if 1) they pair at all, and 2) it’ll update them.

I figured they were just different enough to not update. I am not too worried about them…they have behaved just fine since day 1. I do not wish to spend $30 on the Lightify hub at this time since everything has appeared to have stabilized now. My A19 bulbs updated and with some tweaks to my WiFi to help with interference, my OSRAM issues appear to have gone away now. There are two things I noticed since the Firmware updates went out:

• No longer instant on, they now rise to full brightness
  • Appear to be more stable on the ZigBee network (although my WiFi could have been causing some of that)

OSRAM says there isn’t a firmware update available for the Ultra iQ. Unfortunately this particular bulb has a bug that causes it to download the update meant for the Flex strip. It doesn’t actually update to the Flex firmware but you will see firmware update started events each time it starts the download. To prevent this from happening you can disable ota but it shouldn’t hurt anything to leave ota enabled.

Has anyone in the UK/EU had any success with updating Osram RGBW lights to the latest firmware? My standard white ones have all updated without problems, but not the two RGBW ones which are still stuck on version 0x01020307

BTW no firmware events are showing for these lights