Osram Lightify Device Firmware Updates?

Couple things.

Lightify just released firmware updates in the US. The white, tunable white and the br30 for sure. Not sure the differences.

Tunable whites are going from 01020451 to 01020492

I personally would love to have api access from smart things for the following reasons.

1. I could do firmware updates without removing/readding the bulbs.
  2. No latency at all from the Lightify switches
  3. They function offline from the switches in case of internet outage or smart things issues.
  4. Groups work perfectly.
  5. Smart things could control the bulbs for rule usage via the api.

Just my 4 cents.

1 Like

looks like they all got the same update

gardenspots from 01020416 to 01020492

flex strips from 01020414 to 01020492

recessed RGBW fixture from 01020436 to 01020492

a19 RGBW from 01020441 to 01020492

Yeah, I agree, it would be really nice to have API access. Itā€™s nice that the bulbs on the lightify hub all turn on and off at the same time, rather than with SmartThings / Amazon Echo where they turn on and off in sequence. Drives me crazy.

1 Like

This is frustrating. Iā€™d like to see ST be able to update firmware. It seems I need to reset the bulbs about once a month. I did somewhat automate the reset process with this CoRE piston:

It works nearly every time. I just put the bulb in a lamp that is controlled by a ST switch.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice automation. However, I have 8 of these bulbs haha.

I only seem to have to reset mine maybe once every 6 months or so.

Most of my bulbs are in light switch controlled canned ceiling lights, so I can go through it pretty quick.

Anyone else have trouble getting Osram bulbs to update? I have a hub and got that updated, but it wonā€™t update the bulb Iā€™m testing. Itā€™s on version 01020316 and shows that 01020492 is available, but when I update it tries for a while and then just stops. I used these at the last house and they werenā€™t very reliable so I want to get them updated (I have 5) so I can redploy in the new house. If nobody has any ideas, can someone point me towards their customer service email address? I canā€™t seem to find that either on their website.

Similar happened to me when I tried updating mine last time. I have 8 bulbs and it took at least a couple days to get them all done, they just kept failing and starting over, but eventually they finished.

I pulled out a 2nd one and I realized it was on an older version and did update to 01020316 but then failed when trying to go to 01020492. So something in that 2nd update it doesnā€™t like.

It took about 30 minutes per bulb for mine to update. I found they had to be near the Osram Hub to update without any issues. If they were not within 15 feet of the Osram hub, I was not able to update them. The other thing I noticed was that the Osram app does not update the firmware status update unless it was closed then restarted.

1 Like

So my led strips keep falling of my networkā€¦ Do you think a firmware update would help this? They were working great for a while.

I had two A19s that kept falling off and they have not fallen off since the firmware update. Based on my experience, I think it could help.

Does anyone know how to check a device (lightify bulb) how it was turned on.
Every day I come home that one bulb is always on. I only have the bulb in one smart app and amazon echo.

Not sure about how to find out how it was turned on but I had a lightify E14 Candle bulb that turned itā€™s self on most afternoons.

Since doing a firmware update It hasnt repeated the problem which is about 2 months ago.

The bulb is up to date. Maybe I will uninstall it and start over and see what happens tomorrow.

Iā€™ve recently begun to have issues with my Osram lightify rgbw strips incorrectly reporting in the app, or becoming uncontrollable.

It has been happening now for about a week. Never happened before that for over a year.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s from a firmware issue, or the recent smart things hub update.

Can theee firmware be updated through a Wemo link? Or does it have to be an Osram hub?

Iā€™m having same issueā€¦ All of a sudden

Any news yet @tpmanley? Others are having issues with these strips.

Iā€™m still not sure if the problems youā€™re observing are related to the contents of the FW update, to changes in the mesh caused when the hub was temporarily offline during the FW update or something else. I know you already have a support ticket but anyone else having problems should be sure to file a support ticket as well.

Also just a heads up that we do plan on releasing the 01020492 FW for many of the Osram products in our next major hub firmware release. I canā€™t say when that will happen except that it wonā€™t be before the end of the year. Still, if you were considering getting an Osram hub just for firmware updates you may be able to buy something a little more fun/useful instead.

11 Likes

is that only for v2 hub or will it work on v1 as well?

This will be for the V2 hub