Osram Lightify Device Firmware Updates?

I had to click on check version for each device in the idea.

So, here’s what I found. I had to turn OFF the lights before telling it to check for updates. Then they updated.

I see. I happened to update them when they were off :slight_smile:. They automatically turned on after the update.

Got the update recently.
It seem to smoothly go to the designated brightness when turn on/off, very nice.
Still be happier if the color temp/brightness can be remembered after power outage.

I have had some issues with my bulbs coming on randomly. In investigating this I realized it happens when ST does a firmware update check for the bulb. The problem is it seems to happen in the middle of the night.

How can I turn off this automatic update?

Edit: I just found where to turn this off/on. It said it was disabled, but looking at the device log it did an update last night. So does disable not mean anything?

OSRAM bulbs with older firmware will often turn on all by themselves and when they turn on they report their current firmware to the hub. I suggest you update the firmware on the OSRAM bulbs and the problems should go away. See this support page for more information about how to update the firmware:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/215394303-ZigBee-OTA-firmware-updates

Ok, I see where there is an update available. Is there a way to force the update to go ahead and install? Or will I have to wait until the system does it automatically?

You can power the bulbs off and on or click ‘Check Now’ on each device in the web interface. The update should take about 3-5 minutes per bulb and it will flash when complete.

Any update what is the latest FW ?
My Osram bulbs still Turn On somethimes at night !!

And I often try to “check now” for updates inside IDE.

I will never reccomend Osram to any other to use in ST, HUE works alot better.

This isn’t a good sign. I have one light that is constantly turning it itself on, and another set up that the light starting turning on (started at 6:45AM this morning). I hope others note and post, I will report and start tix if it is more of a global issue.
Thanks for update @liteglow

1 Like

I previously had issues with osrams coming on by themselves. If I recall correctly the issue was that the osrams were acting as repeaters and commands downstream were the issue.

I unplugged my osrams for a few hours and then ran a zigbee repair (unplug hub for 15 min or so)
I didn’t plug my osrams back in for a few days and I haven’t had an issue since.

The idea was to force my zigbee mesh to build and then add the osrams at the end. I imagine you might have to repeat this if you add more zigbee devices later.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I still can’t figure out f rom this thread how to allow OTA firmware updates. Is it the unplug reboot procedure? Novice here, apologies if it’s somewhere I missed.

I also have added a GE zwave switch for my kitchen with 4 of the osram bulbs and now can’t control the bulb colors etc. is it best to have a normal switch and smart device or vice versa and not have both smart items working together?

You should always keep smart bulbs powered. That means if you want to also use a smart switch, the smart switch should not be connected to load. Otherwise you will reset the bulbs; most default back to white. Also they can mess up your fabric if needed as repeaters and you can shorten the bulbs’ lifespans.

For firmware updates you need to enable firmware updates and bulb updates in the Hub section of IDE. Once those options are enabled, you can go to each device in IDE and click ‘check for updates’ or manually power cycle the bulb.

1 Like

I already did it myself… on 20+ Lightify Bulbs
SmartThings Hub V2, is able to update Lightify Bulbs firmware, by doing:
IDE - My Hubs - Utilities - View Utilities: turning on "Allow OTA for Lights"
IDE - My Devices - each Device - Firmware: manually ask to “Check Now” for each Device
Note: no more than 5 at a time. The Bulb will turn on at finish.
Saludos,

I wish they would post on some webpage the current firmware versions of devices with release dates and maybe even with release notes from the various manufactures.

2 Likes

Anyone know if there is any problem with updating the older Osram Lightify devices with the Ledvance firmware? … assuming using same Image #.

Hey all, can anyone confirm if this is the latest firmware ?

• Current Version: 0x01020492
  • Target Version: 0x01020492

I have several Sylvania Osram branded Lightifys. Not sure if what I have is just old…

That is what mine are on as well.

• Current Version: 0x01020492
  • Target Version: 0x01020492

They have completely different SOCs. You have the latest firmware for Osram. The latest for Sylvania ends in 428. I haven’t had mesh issues since converting from the Osram bulbs to Sylvania Smart+

I know its somehow old, but as I didn´t found a way to force my Osram stuff to get updates via the original Osram Gateway I now use deCONZ und RaspBee to flash the latest Ledvance updates/firmware into my device. I would say the performance is now much better…

1 Like