Osram Lightify Bulb Randomly Switching On

(Tommy Haywood) #1

Does anyone have a problem with the bulb switching itself on randomly. Mine keeps turning on after its been turned off. I have made sure nothing is doing it. I removed and reset it and it still happens.adecd862c53e12286b12282fc632dae5b5cf9c16_1_243x500

(Peter Galbavy) #2

No idea, but have you tried resetting it and not adding it back to ST to see if the problem is local to the bulb or some other trigger?

(Tommy Haywood) #3

Hi,

I have reset it yes but without it being connected to smartthings i have no way of controlling it

(Peter Galbavy) #4

Fair point… if it were turning off by itself instead then my dastardly plan may have helped.

(Rich L) #5

wow I’m seeing the same issue, I assumed it was a shortage in switch on the lamp. it’s usually occurring in the early morning hours.

(Tommy Haywood) #6

Happens all the time for me

I’ve had two recessed lights to disconnect from ST and turn on at 3am. Thus far they’ve done that right before they die. When I did a 5:5 reset, they blew out. Sylvania replaced them right away though.

(Paul) #8

My Osram bulbs do this all the time, I’ve had to set up a CoRE piston that makes sure they’re off when they’re supposed to be.