[OBSOLETE] Original Xiaomi Aqara Smart Wireless Switch (Aqara Button)

Thanks @Terk for the great work. My battery is now reporting 9%. I got the device few weeks ago, so I’m little bit sceptical about this value, but I’ll keep you posted. The value hasn’t changed in the last 12h.

Yeah, I’m not convinced the battery info is correct either I will give it another month or two and if none of my battery levels change I will remove the battery status again. If you’d like to remove it sooner you can get the 1.2 version and use that as all that was changed in the 1.3 was to add the battery status and reporting for monitoring since it appeared to be working then. My remote that was changing between 98% and 1% has stabilized over the past few days and has stayed at 98% so maybe that was something happening on the SmartThings side possibly.

Some better Z-Wave and Zigbee manufactures include some of the DTH code information needed to figure this stuff out but I haven’t been able to find anything for Xiaomi so most of this work has been based off past experience or what has worked for other similar devices. However very few buttons or remotes report battery status for some unknown reason.

I’ll replace the battery tonight and let you know if the value changes.

I was wondering, if you would be interested in looking at DH for other Aqara devices to help us have correct battery reporting? I’m using DH for the Aqara contact sensor from @a4refillpad, updated by @ArstenA. Unfortunately, all Aqara sensors simply report 100% battery, while “original” Xiaomi sensors are reporting correct values.

I know the aqara battery reporting is not working. I tried to figure this out a few months ago and it turned out that my sensor was reporting different data objects than someone else’s. I could not figure out how to request the additional data. It is all under the manufacturer specific realm.

1 Like

Hi have 2 aqara button ,was repporting ok first but battery goes down to 3 % ,so i have checked the voltage of those 2 battery , there were at 3.09 volt (original battery). I have also checked voltage of a new battery and its about 3.3v .So i have replaced both,one button goes up to 98 % after 2 hours,the other one took about 2 days before went up to 97%.Now after 5 days its showing 91%(3,28v) and 89 %(3,27v).
I know that battery at 3 volt is starting to be low ,i work as a mecanic ,and when i checked car remote battery under 3 volt i just replace them cause signal is getting weak.
Will see if they still reporting ok vs battery voltage.

Will this DH work with this button?

I cannot get it to pair. I have added your DH, and tried to pair however nothing appears?

P.S this is my first time adding a DH, so hopefully i have done it correctly.

Many thanks,

David

I haven’t seen one of those before but I doubt the fingerprint will work so it wouldn’t get this DTH automatically like the button this DTH was designed for. Also I’m guessing that button would require a completely different DTH since it looks like there may be two buttons on there?

Hi,

No just one button (in my one). However you can get a free different ones.

Wireless one button - https://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626696.html
Wireless two buttons - https://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626698.html
Wired one button - https://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626698.html
Wired two buttons - https://www.gearbest.com/access-control/pp_626698.html

They look really good, quick slick. However just cannot get it to work :frowning:

Would it work with this -

This one is $2 cheaper than aquara

@DjAnu The DTH for that is at

Thanks for your quick reply, i had already skimmed that thread but it looks like that one has DTH for cube button not this one ? Isnt it ?

BTW is there any functional difference in aquara and this one ?

As far as I know the Xiaomi Zigbee Button DTH there works for the button you asked about.

The only difference is the one you asked about sends both an on and an off response when the button is pressed so the "Xiaomi Zigbee Button” DTH is able to check how long the button was held and provide both a pushed and a held function.

Do we know if the button held feature will ever get back in for the Aqara?

No, sorry this button only sends an on command when pressed but does not send anything when released so there is no way I have been able to think of to determine if the button is held. The original round button I believe does send a command on both push and release so the DTH for that checks to see if there is more than a configurable amount of time between pushed and released to make the held feature available.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to replace this thing’s battery? I cannot open it, the back of the button is being destroyed by my attempts to open it.

Use a quarter to turn the slot in the back an 1/8 inch counter clockwise, you should hear a click most likely. Then the back should drop off when you turn it right side up. When you go to put the back on again you need to match up the little tab on the back with the slot in the switch (the tab and slot are next to each other in this picture.

Thanks man, will do.

Could you code the DH for two presses with a second or two to be a held command? Bit hit and miss though…