[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

the Default Zigbee Leak works well, but it does not report the battery status

Iā€™m a newbie- can you tell me how to switch to this so it runs locally, but still informs me by email if there is a leak?

Also, Iā€™m confused about which hub to get for my second residence. What is the best one now that ST is no longer made by Samsung? Itā€™s also not available in Canada and twice the price on Amazon.caā€¦

Local execution is in early developer preview stage. so in your case you have to wait several months.
also I havenā€™t seen an email notification is possible. Normally it is phone notification and it will stick in the application warnings.

Look for the Aeotec SmartThings Hub.

do they work locally?

do they work locally?

yes. most of the devices have edge driver now

The sonoff motion sensor, contact sensor, and zbmini relays all have Edge Drivers that work locally.

The zbmini driver was not working properly last time I tried. I will be giving it a try again next week when I get a chance.

Just bought another aqara button and having issues with it. It paired fine it seems. However, I cannot trigger anything from this button and the battery level is reported as zero. The set up seems identical to my 1st button which works fine. Iā€™ve assigned identical routine to the second button to turn on a light on press but nothing happens.
Any idea on what to check? What if the button is simply defective and when I press the button nothing happens?
Thanks

without information on the model and driver, you are using itā€™s impossible to give any good advice.
Most likely driver just does not support your button.

Same thing to me , switch all xiaomi and aqara to driver and now 2 aqara and one xiaomi did the same thing as you ,try to pair several time did not help , maybee tomorow ā€¦

Rebooting of the hub solved my problem !!

The model is WXKG11LM and the two buttons were recognized by the hub as ā€œAqara Button WXKG11LM r2ā€. Iā€™m assuming theyā€™re the same release (r2) of the model then. If by driver you mean device handler, then thatā€™s what I see at the top of the device handler file. Is 1.4.3 the version of the handler?

*  Aqara Button - models WXKG11LM (original & new revision) / WXKG12LM
 *  Device Handler for SmartThings - Firmware version 25.20 and newer ONLY
 *  Version 1.4.3

Old platform Dth = groovy

New platform Driver = lua

Driver just come out in August or something .

1 Like

Wait, what?

This might be an issue: "Unknown route"

Will have to investigate how to deal with that. Any ideas?

Iā€™ve removed the button and re-paired it. Now everything is fine. For some reason thereā€™s no Route entry at all, though the old button has it. Either way it works

1 Like

can anyone help me, this aqara door sensor model doesnā€™t seem to work in any way with this device handlers

Hi @domenico_antonio_puo
Would you like to try an edge driver?
Please be advised it was not tested with Aqara E1.

hi, thank you, or already tried but it doesnā€™t seem to work with my device, it detects it but it doesnā€™t seem to work.

[quote="[ST Edge/Beta] Xiaomi/Aqara zigbee door sensor driver, post:1, topic:234709"]
MCCGQ01LM
[/quote]

it seems the MCCGQ14LM is using IAS instead of OnOff cluster