Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

@orangebucket
What would be the smartest way to go about this? Take the old DTH and strip out the fluff or start with the default Zigbee Multi Button handler and add the required lines?

Adding individual component buttons sounds to me sounds like the best, future-proof approach. How would I go about this?

Thanks, i was doing it from ~3 feet away (which worked for other Aqara sensors). tried it again right on top of the hub and after ~10 failed attempts if finally paired.

I have 8 Aquara door sensors which I deeply hate for their constant disconnections. They seem to have stabilized for a while, except for the front door sensor which still disconnects from time to time. Do you have any advice for me? It’s less than 5 meters from the Hub, I don’t think it’s a signal problem. Maybe the nearby alarm sensor is interfering? Maybe the white iron frame around the door is a problem? Maybe it is simply a poor product?

Add one or two IKEA powerplugs to your setup. I have quite a few Aqara sensors in my house and they were going offline bit too often, but have not had any problems since I added Ikea power plugs. Make sure your aqara devices pair with them, not directly with the hub.

1 Like

I already have a repeater, even if from the IDE I don’t see if it is connected to that or not. I noticed however that all aqara sensors are connected to other devices, and only this one leads to the hub, and in fact it is the one that always disconnects. How could I force connection to other devices?

It’s not any repeater, but specifically a repeater that plays well with the Aqara sensors. The IKEA plugs are known to work well for keeping connected to Aqara devices.

1 Like

Ok, I have one of this, but I don’t understand, How can I get the aqara connected to the kea repeaters? It seems to me that the devices automatically decide what to connect to, and Ikea repeaters I don’t see them in the ide as devices connected in the meah network