[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

I have an OLD momentary button DTH from dfloyd (not here anymore) that works but is not going to be “new app” friendly at anytime.
Would you mind sharing a non-deprecated momentary DTH if you feel it’s up to public use? :slight_smile:

https://github.com/orangebucket/Anidea-for-SmartThings is basically everything I use myself. There are assorted bits of nonsense scattered around there, but I am happy the Lumi Aqara handlers and the Virtual devices are not too embarrassing, though designed for my own requirements.

Hey Folks,

I’ve got a couple Original Xiaomi temperature sensors. I’m trying to set up a battery low notification automation, and I see that ‘battery’ isn’t an device state to monitor like it is for SmartThings Multisensors. Has someone already updated a DTH to do this?

Was anyone manage to get Aqara wireless wall switch WXKG02LM left and right button functionality working on the new smartthings app? With 0.9.2 DTH, the app only allows me to set one set of automation, therefore it only functions as a single button switch.

@orangebucket Just a FYI for strange behavior. I used your DTH for the momentary and it all worked fine until the 20th and then all my momentary’s stopped working.
No rhyme or reason. I went back to my old Dfloyd code and they all work again.
I imagine ST changed something deep inside?

I’ve had several weird incidents with handlers lately. It is like the app gets bored of displaying them.

Hey @orangebucket, thanks for your DTH, works great for my Aqara humidity sensors. Just one small issue, when I try to view the history under a specific device, all values just say “NaN”. If I view the entire history for all devices, events look fine. Also when I check the events in the IDE all the values are there. Might this be a bug on Smartthings end or could it be related to the DTH (my other devices have proper history)?

Hello!
I have a new Aqara Button WXKG11LM and it pairs flawlessly with the ST hub V3.0

However, the ST routine allows only assigning two events: Pressed and Held. When I hold the button, it exercises both Held and Pushed routines.
When I run the live debugger, the hub correctly receives the events like button 1 or 2 or 3 pushed. But I cannot link these events with the ST routine. The routine programming looks like on the photo attached. How do I link the button 1/2/3 events to those in the routine?

The button capability used to only support pressed and held values so button numbers in the event data were used to represent multiple clicks and things. Smart Lighting understood this convention, as did third party apps such as webCoRE.

Automations don’t recognise button numbers. They expect the full range of attribute values to be used instead, and for the similar case of multiple button devices they expect multi-components devices to be used.

I have a modified version of the bspranger handler which I’ve only tested on one particular version of the button you have (but probably not the version you have as mine don’t have ‘held’) but ought to work on anything the bspranger button supports unless I was careless. It works in the way Automations expect. It does not use button numbers as you can’t have both (as you have seen). You are welcome to see if that helps.

https://github.com/orangebucket/Anidea-for-SmartThings/tree/master/devicetypes/orangebucket/anidea-for-aqara-button.src?ts=4

3 Likes

Hey! This is just awesome! Thanks a lot! Works like a charm!

I can’t get mine paired at all :frowning: Just doesn’t see it.

My Aqara and Xiaomi Door/Window Sensors and Aqara Motion Sensors stopped working a few months ago after working fine for more than a year or two. I can re-add them to my V2 hub but they drop off after a short time. I checked and I’m using the latest DTH (device handlers). My working theory is that after I added a Sylvania Zigbee wall wart in the garage, it began acting as an intermediary for other zigbee devices. I can see them in the “Route” in the Smartthings online IDE site. So now I’m testing by unplugging my two Sylvania zigbee wall socket “wall warts” to see if things improve. To add to my complexity of circumstances I also recently replace a WIFI wireless router with an ASUS router and a satellite extender. So the problem with the door sensors and motion sensors may also be affected by better WIFI in my home. It’s worth noting that my Samsung brand motion sensors have remained rock solid, and never drop off the network.

I’ve had a very similar experience with aqara sensors and wireless switches. For me solution was to move WiFi channel and take note of orientation of ST hub as the zigbee antenna is more directional than you might think.

On orientation do you mean vertical or horizonal?

Thanks for your comment. But in my case I’m thinking the Aqara Zigbee door sensors are failing because of the new Sylvania Zigbee Smart+ Plugs. The IDE at Samsung shows them connecting through these new line powered Zigbee devices. They act as relay points in the Zigbee mesh network. Another article in this forum mentioned that the timing of the Aqara devices poll at the end of the interval specified in Zigbee standards. And when connected indirectly, through other Zigbee intermediate devices, the timing is too long, so they drop off the network. I was able to reconnect them but am not able to keep them connected.

I tried experimenting by removing/unplugging the Sylvania Smart Plugs. But the Samsung/Smartthings IDE still showed them as connecting or “Routing” through the Smart Plugs. In the end I tried deleting one of the door sensors and re-connecting it. But then it would not connect at all. I still have a couple of the later model Aqara door sensors, the ones with a flatter profile. And these have remained online. But the older more rounded sensors, and the motion sensors have become too much of a PITA to play with.

Now I’m looking for a new door sensor. Has anyone got something good to say about “Visonic”?

I have the Samsung multi-sensor and they are reliable in my home. But they don’t fit interior doors well due to custom moldings around my doors. I’m looking for a flat sensor where the magnet can meet it on the side. Thinking I’ll try a Visonic and see if it is more reliable. https://www.amazon.com/Visonic-MCT-340-Wireless-Window-Temperature/dp/B06XDJ3KYC/ref=pd_ybh_a_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ZEVSWJAW03MRWBVJY2RX

I have several Visonic MCT-340 sensors. They are not bad sensors but don’t put them on doors that you open/close everyday if you don’t want to replace batteries every 3-4 months. I thinks they are fine for windows. Nothing to complain about except battery life.

Really nice!
Could not make my switches do other then then “pressed”, tried yours and they work nicely with press twice and hold :slight_smile:

Hi everyone.

I am looking for some help and guidance in pairing an aqara temp and humidity sensor please.

I have a V2 hub, the “new” app and already have three aqara door/window sensors paired with no issue.

I recently bought an aqara temp/humidity sensor, installed the device handler, and tried to run through a similar set up routine i.e. reset the sensor, click the button at intervals to put it in pairing mode whilst the app searches for it.

However, despite many attempts, the hub just won’t see the sensor - so I can’t get to the point where I can grab the device ID from the web UI.

I’ve googled but only found instances of the sensor ‘disappearing’ and needing to be paired again - I can’t even get the first pairing to work.

Any advice please? Much appreciated.

1 Like

I found that I could only pair these devices with the old app. The new app would never find them :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks @Bogweed.

I tried with the classic app too, a number of times, and just couldn’t get it to pair.

I was wondering what difference that makes? I would have thought the hub was doing the pairing, and the app just initiates the hub going into pairing mode, but it sounds like the app does more than just that?