[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

When pairing one of my 11LM’s i first see a long flash after holding reset button for 3-5 secs.
Right after that, a series of 3 short flashes indicates that the pairing process is started.
When pairing Xiaomi devices, i usually hit the reset button every 5-6 secs after starting the pairing process. This keeps the device “alive” and after each additional press, it sends a new series of 3 short flashes. After 20-50 seconds the devices is paired.
I have never seen a Xiaomi device flash more than 3/4 times after a (reset)button press, so it could indicate that your 11LM has a defect… :thinking::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ah thanks, with that information I tend to agree that if the unit has at best got very confused.

There is a way to manually get a Xiaomi / Aqara device to rejoin the hub’s ZigBee mesh network without removing it from the device list. However, the hub needs to “know” the unique ZigBee ID for that device in order to do this. Here’s how check whether the ZigBee ID was received by the hub when your Temp-Humidity Sensor was originally paired:

1. Log into your hub’s SmartThings Groovy IDE
  2. Go to the My Device tab
  3. Click on the name of your Temp-Humidity Sensor in the Display Name column, so you can view its device details
  4. Look for the Zigbee Id sections. If the hub received the ZigBee ID at pairing time, you’ll see a 16 hexadecimal digit string beginning with 00158D, like this:

If you see your Temp-Humidity Sensor’s ZigBee ID, then there are two things you can try to get it rejoined. In both cases, do not remove the Temp-Humidity Sensor from your hub. Try #1 below, and if that doesn’t work, try #2.

1. Start “Add a Thing” mode in the SmartThings “classic” mobile app, short-press the Temp-Humidity Sensor’s reset button, watch for 2-3 quick flashes of the LED on the sensor, and then exit “Add a Thing” mode.

or

1. Start “Add a Thing” mode in the SmartThings “classic” mobile app, long-press the Temp-Humidity Sensor’s reset button (the same as you would do when pairing) until the LED blinks, wait for it to flash again, watching for 2-3 quick flashes, but if it long-blinks only once start short-pressing the reset button every 1.5-2 seconds until you see 2-3 quick flashes. Finally, exit “Add a Thing” mode.

If the Temp-Humidity Sensor rejoins then as a test you can try blowing on it with your warm humid breath to force it to send temperature / humidity reports.

Thanks for confirming that! I am still working on that next beta of the Aqara Button DTH and should have it ready to test today or tomorrow.

I hope you are able to get that unit exchanged or replaced from the seller!

I don’t really have any information about whether Xiaomi / Aqara devices will work with an ADT hub, but it would not at all surprise me if they don’t. The only hubs they are confirmed to work with - as long as there are no incompatible ZigBee repeater devices also connected - are the ST v2 and v3 hubs.

As for the lack of the Sensitivity Level tile, I am not sure why that is happening. Are you using the SmartThings “classic” mobile app? Regardless, it won’t help because it does not work. I have discovered how to get the sensitivity level changed on the Hubitat Elevation hub, but it’s not 100% reliable and I am still working on porting over the implementation to my SmartThings device handler.

No Zigbee address only 2ACD in the Device Network ID…

Tried your method anyway, Hit Add… and pressed the button. A bit later the app reported finding “Thing”. It does have an 00158D address, so I think its the sensor. Should I just rename it and add a device handler to it?

Got to say thanks, so much info in this thread.

Yes, that would work, but keep in mind the hub considers it to be a “new” device, so it should have a different name than before. Then you will want to change your dehumidifier automation to use the re-added device with the new name, and finally you could delete the old one. I hope that makes sense.

In the app all I get is Battery at 100%, rest of display blank. Odd.

Has anyone been able to have Xiaomi sensors work correctly (not drop out after a few hours) with the ADT Smartthings Hub. Using device managers for the sensors. They work fine with V2 hub, but am wanting to purchase a ADT Smartthings hub for security and would be nice to run everything though it.

Not sure I’m even going to try. But as it happens …

08:48:55: info Aqara Button WXKG11LM: Battery at 100% (5.032 Volts)
08:48:55: info Aqara Button WXKG11LM was quadruple-clicked (Button 4 pushed)
08:48:54: info Aqara Button WXKG11LM: Battery at 100% (5.032 Volts)
08:48:52: info Aqara Button WXKG11LM was triple-clicked (Button 3 pushed)
08:48:50: info Aqara Button WXKG11LM was double-clicked (Button 2 pushed)
08:48:47: info Aqara Button WXKG11LM was single-clicked (Button 1 pushed)

So it can work when it feels like it!

I have a full array of Aqara devices and have had great success with them. That being said, I had a long power outage after which two Aqara Door/Window sensors dropped off and I have not been able to get them or any other Aqara Door/Window sensor to rejoin. I have used the method as described by Veeceeoh (thanks Veeceeoh) for HOURS… no can do… I have tried two new devices right out of the box and even one that was operating on another hub.
Nothing will pair…
Any ideas?

I noticed that one of my motion sensors was reporting as unavailable today, but funny enough all motion is detected in ST and it seems to be working just fine…
Obviously i tried to re-pair it, but after numerous attempts i still can’t get it to pair, so i am having the same problem at the moment…
Maybe ST have some issues right now…?

I’m not 100% sure, but this sounds like a known issue with custom DTH’s going “stale” in SmartThing’s cache for a user’s hub, as explained in this thread:

The “stale” DTH issue has actually happened to me twice while pairing a device, and although it did not appear in the SmartThings mobile app when in “Add a Thing” mode, I could see Live Logging output showing that it had successfully paired. Oddly, the device was not in my hub’s Device List as viewed in the IDE.

In addition to re-saving and re-publishing my custom DTHs, I also had to look at the Hub Activity logs to figure out the Device Network ID so I could manually add the device to the Device List before I could delete it and try pairing it again normally. I call this phenomenon “ghost devices”, and it’s quite frustrating to deal with.

There are other possible reasons why Xiaomi / Aqara devices may have trouble pairing, so if the above suggestions don’t work, let me know.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info. You hit the nail on the head… I did have a duplicate driver.

Now the question… As luck would have it , the driver I would like to delete is in use… What must I do to delete it?
Think it might be to c/p the desired driver into the driver that is running (the undesirable driver) and republish… what’cha think?

i Start using the new Xiaomi zigbee outlet that released before a month is much better that i have energy meter but before i have only tepreture we use Celcius here and was 17C before the new handler after the refresh with new handler become 160 i think you must check again your code about tempreture propably is *100

1 Like

WKG11LM with ST hub firmware 25.27, using Version 1.4.2b device handler. Button presses no longer trigger smartapp events.

I need more information to be able to help.

You say “no longer” which makes it sound like it was working before. Did something change? Were you using the v1.4.2b device handler successfully before?

Can you turn on debug & info message logging in the preference settings for the button and then copy the log output seen when pressing the button (single, double, triple, & quadruple)?

Do you see recent battery level events, or did they stop some time ago?

1 Like

Yes, worked fine before. Battery level seems to be reporting, but says 5.032 volts which seems improbable with a 3v battery.

Edit: forgive my stupidity, I had apps set to only activate in “home” mode. For some unknown reason the mode wasn’t in home.

This is a known issue:

I am finishing up an updated DTH that gets rid of the erroneous battery reports, but it is significantly different in both the button push / held / etc. events it generates as well as in the main UI tile display, so I need to do more testing and refinements before sharing the new beta version here.

No worries, I’m glad you figured out that issue!

[UPDATE] Aqara Button DTH v1.4.3

This update fixes an issue with erroneous battery level events from catchall: messages that don’t actually contain battery voltage data, especially during every triple- or quadruple-click of the original revision of model WXKG11LM Aqara Button.

Many thanks to @AnubizDK , @orangebucket, @an1uk, and all others who reported on this issue.

I will be releasing a new beta Aqara Button DTH with some significant changes soon, but wanted to squash this incorrect battery level bug in the meanwhile.

However, if you are still seeing incorrect battery level reports after this v1.4.3 update, please let me know!

Please see this post for full details about the Aqara Button DTH and link to the updated device handler code.

Im not sure if this has already been discussed but what to do if xiaomi sensor seems to be unavailable according ST but it works normally?
Even simple device viewer reports that it is available. Sensor reports battery, it senses motion normally etc.
Its just basically that st reports it wrong. Any tips what to do?

EDIT: hub reboot and that helped.

I recently started to use the new app’s Switch Power State so the button’s state is in sync with the actual light. However, I now cannot get the original Xiaomi button to work with the multiple presses. If I try to program a double press the the single press action from the new ST app still kicks in as well as the double press action. If I try programming a “Pressed 2 Times” in the new smart app it doesn’t work.

I have been using ABC Manager to program buttons 2-5, however I need to override the detected button amount. I imagine that if the number of buttons were hard coded into the device handler I might be able to use the new app to program a double click (though I’m not certain that would fix my problem). It would be awesome if it were possible to use the more straightforward Pressed 2 or 3 or 4 times that are found in the new smart app.