[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

I can’t figure out how to utilize the new functionality for the Aqara button in webcore. It doesn’t matter whether I do a “Compare to -> Value -> Pushed” or a “Compare to -> Expression -> “pushed”” both methods produce the same result. Single, double, and triple clicks will all trigger the action.

I can put in a preference setting with a toggle to force the DTH to manual re-check the model/revision. That will come in the next update version.

It works fine for me! Here’s an animated GIF of what I see when I push the virtual “app button”:

Image-2

So what you’re experiencing falls under the same issue with the tile display not clearing to “Released” for a long time: it must be the cloud execution of the code.

However, out of curiosity: Are using the SmartThings “classic” mobile app on an Android or iOS device? Maybe that affects the behavior?

First, it would really help to know which model/revision of Aqara Button you are using. You mention triple-clicks so I have to assume you’ve got the original revision of the model WXKG11LM. There is a chart that compares the functionality of all three model/revisions of the Aqara Button in my updated DTH announcement, but here’s a specific chart:

WXKG11LM (orig. revision) Functionality Chart

Action Event in SmartThings
Single press button 1 pushed
Double-click button 2 pushed
Triple-click button 3 pushed
Quadruple-click button 4 pushed

As you can see, all four types of clicks generate a button pushed event, so in WebCoRE you can’t really use either “Compare to → Value → Pushed” or “Compare to → Expression → ‘pushed’” alone. It needs to also evaluate the button number to be able to differentiate between the different types of clicks. Does that make sense?

1 Like

Mine does a single, a double, a triple, and a quadruple click, so it must be the original revision.

That does make sense. I figured it out. I hadn’t noticed before that webcore has a “which button” field.

Thanks for your continued work and support on these. I also have a non-aqara button (WXKG01LM) and that is also working great with the new DH.

1 Like

Hello, any one can help how to unpair something added from CATCHALL like Xiaomi Outlet? I’ve accidentally exclude my location and now when I try to add my outlets again they don’t show up like when I’ve add the first time with catchall, any help will be very appreciated!!!

I can no longer add the xiaomi motion sensor (new vesion) to my v2 hub at all. I’m on firmware 000.025.00026

I’ve added these before (it apperas as a thing) but i’m getting nothing. This is on my existing ones and brand new ones which i just opened today. brand new batteries. :frowning:

anyone else having issues with adding them?

EDIT It seems you have to do the catchall manaully to get it on. it doesn’t appear as a thing anymore. got it working checking events.

Im rewriting my post because so much happened and was wrong…

Now my situation is that I have two Wxkg12Lm buttons. I got both paired and I’m using:
"Aqara Button - models WXKG11LM (original & new revision) / WXKG12LM

• Device Handler for SmartThings - Firmware version 25.20 and newer ONLY
  • Version 1.4.2b"

My hub is: hub v2, UK customer and firmware is 000.025.00026.

Button always works when doing virtual push button. First question, can virtual push button work even if device is not working?

Physical button works only sometimes. After taking button with me and not doing anything important it might start working again. Could there be an issue with device handler or could this be problem with my zigbee mesh?

EDIT number 5: Everything is working now. Problem was my zigbee mesh. I moved some ikea bulbs from hue to smartthings and that made it.

1 Like

NVM…found updated device handler that works!

1 Like

Trying to get the aqara wireless switch DH from the repo, but keep getting this:
Updated 0 devices and created 0 new devices (1 skipped due to errors)
Any ideas?

I have both WXKG02LM 2016 new FW and 2 2016 WXKG03LM 1 2018 WXKG03LM

Both works great

1 Like

Okay, for those who want to use Xiaomi Products with smartthings, KEEP IN MIND, if you add something and if you loose the connection with the device, you can’t add it again, I’ve just speak with samsung support to see if they have access to my previous location to exclude this for me, because I’ve lost my previous location and have to exclude and add it again, all other devices come up normally but XIAOMI, no success, also, I’ve leave a couple of messages here and nobody answer, so before you buy XIAOMI products, think about it… Total of 9 XIAOMI OUTLETS.

You will add something that isn’t compatible with smartthings and you will not able to restore if a problem happens with your location, in other words, YOU WILL EXPEND MONEY and will take a risk to LOOSE IT ALL!!!

Just an advice!

If you folks want to start creating a knowledgebase that multiple people can help to keep updated, you can just put it in the community-created wiki. It’s a standard wiki with all the usual wiki features and can be edited by multiple people with a history of the edits. And you can provide links back into these forums for discussion topics.

Then you just have to keep bugging each other to contribute edits and new articles. :sunglasses:

It would go in the following category:

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Category:Unofficially_supported_devices

1 Like

Using this updated DTH on my v2 hub with WXKG11LM buttons. Double and Triple press register but Single press does not. There is nothing in the Live Logging for Single Press, unless I have debug logging turned on. Here is an example of Single Press debug log:

2:32:02 PM: debug Bedroom Blinds: Parsing ‘read attr - raw: 48CC010006100000100000001001, dni: 48CC, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0006, size: 16, attrId: 0000, result: success, encoding: 10, value: 0110000000’

2:32:02 PM: debug Bedroom Blinds: Parsing ‘read attr - raw: 48CC010006100000100000001001, dni: 48CC, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0006, size: 16, attrId: 0000, result: success, encoding: 10, value: 0110000000’

UPDATE: Looks like I unintentionally installed the wrong DTH. I needed this one.

Hi all

I have a few xiaomi wired light switches that since the hub update no longer work. Could anyone work some magic?

I’m having the same problem with the wired (no neutral) switches. I’ve posted on the thread where this DH came from but no response yet. Hopefully someone can help us!

I don’t own any of the wired light switches, but since I know what the changes are in the new firmware, I might be able to “fix” the Aqara wired Wall Switch device handler. I’ll need some time to have a look, and will probably need help from people in testing the new device handler code.

Would you mind removing the text of the John Doyle driver from your post? I know where to find it already, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. Happy to test but i am only in at the weekends (working away at the moment)

I have removed the text.

The two handlers all of us uk’ers are using are the john doyle and this

both working well.

The new aqara handler you edited does recognise a push, but its instant on off rather than latching.

thanks again

Thank you for offering to help us out, much appreciated.

I’m happy to do any testing, but I only have the single button no neutral switch

I’m on Android 8.0 on a LG V30
(Sorry for the late reply) :blush:

I’ve just installed a new Xiaomi Aqara Temp/humidity sensor - that went fairly easy.
But am i going blind, or can the “Smart lighting” app really not use temperature or humidity sensors as a trigger…?!?
It does support both smoke and carbon monoxide sensors and a lot of other triggers, but not something so simple as temperature?

This might be the reason, but I’m not sure because I have been reading reports from people noticing similar long delays in code that uses the runIn() function (which is what the Xiaomi / Aqara button DTHs use to auto-reset the UI display to “released”).

One suggestion I read is to reboot your hub, or even power down, pull out the batteries, and after 30 seconds start it up again. You may want to try that. I haven’t had a chance to re-work the code yet (I am working on many updates simultaneous in my limited free time!)

You are not going blind. The “Smart Lighting” SmartApp is pretty simplistic, and I would recommend looking at other more robust alternatives.