[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Just wondering - how many zigbee bulbs and devices do you have connected to SmartThings (don’t include the ones connected to Hue). There is a 32-device limit on Zigbee devices. The exception is things like Smart Plugs that serve as repeaters (also referred to as “routers”). If you have those - they don’t count towards the limits - and let you add more devices through them.

Just because your symptoms sound like what was happening to me until I found out about the limit. The hub was already “full up”.

I use the lux reading at time of motion - works fine.

1 Like

That’s good to know.

Update to Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor Lux/ Illuminance Measurement - Background Colors

Note that this only applies to the Aqara Motion Sensor since the Original Xiaomi does not have a light sensor.
A few days ago (after the major release) I added background colors to the Xiaomi Aqara Motion Sensor DTH.

The ranges are roughly based on this:

I’ve noticed that some of my sensors only go up to 1,000 and others go up to 1,430. Even so I’ve done some rough validation with a light measuring gadget I have from a past hobby reporting and it is reporting lux. (not the odd logarithmic value in the official cluster definition).

We went with blue - idea is that sky blue is fully illuminated like the sky - rather than yellow like the sun . More legible that way.

Here’s some samples. You just need to update from the repository if you’re not seeing these yet. Again - only applies to the Xiaomi Aqara motion sensor.

Thanks! Enjoy!

3 Likes

I was finally able to get it. Once it got it connected, took about and hour or so to start displaying data. Works great now.

1 Like

hi, Does anyone know if this sensor is supported? I cannot seem to pair it:

Not sure if it is this one? xiaomi-aqara-button.src

That’s a light switch not a button.
I haven’t got one so cannot advise on the the DH I’m afraid.

Is this Aqare Water Sensor? How do you start the pairing-process? See no button. Just 2 screws in the back.

Hold it between thumb & forefinger… squeeze… hold for about 5 seconds… Blue LED flashes…
ST finds it…
Works for me

Thanks! See it now…Just confused me what the screws are for. Do you know?

They are the contacts for water sensing… if water connects the two screws… it reports ‘wet’

ok. But I can´t connect it. Holding the button until it flashes and it won´t connect…

Found it. Never mind.

Hi @adale

It is listed as a switch, but is actually a wireless button… :slight_smile:
According to this thread, it’s works fine with ST:

Ok, but how add it? I tried, with no success, but will try more.

[BTW - no worries if you’re not close to 32 devices - the Xiaomis with these DTHs are solid until you’re getting there]

So this Friday I had another outage of 12 of my Xiaomi devices - all went off line (motion sensors, old and new temp/humidity, one old button). This is the second time in about 2 months - both times on a Friday night . Have spent most of weekend off and on repairing, ensuring they zbjoin to 0000, etc. etc. My hunch is that it’s about being so close to the 32 limit on the hub. (I’m way over it if you consider devices that have switched to some of my Smartthings repeaters - I’ve still never made it really work w/ the Xbees, though I can map).

My hypothesis is that non-xiaomi devices operating on the other repeaters opportunistically switch over to the hub while the Xiaomis are sleeping (I see them switch all the time off the smart plugs and onto the hub when I map w/ Xbees/XCTU) - and the paired Xiaomis don’t have a slot when they wake up. Again, just a hypothesis.

BTW, I did try just pushing the button to get them to reconnect - no joy, even when I got the new DNI from the catchall and updated the device.

A bit frustrating - I’m looking into zwave options for now until/ if they ever up the zigbee limit to 64.

Thnx for letting me vent!

Alec M.

I picked up a hubitat hub. I have it on my 2nd floor and ST in my basement. I am going to pair 2nd floor to hubitat and basement to ST, and split 1st floor based on location.

This will free up the ST hub so I am not at the 32 device limit and also give me more coverage for 2nd floor.

Jury is out on how well they will share information with each other.

Hi I have this DH’s below, I am confuse what I need to use?

a4refillpad : Xiaomi Door/Window Sensor
a4refillpad : Xiaomi Aqara Door/Window Sensor
bspranger : Xiaomi Door/Window Sensor
bspranger : Xiaomi Aqara Door/Window Sensor

The a4refillpad are old. Use bspranger.

2 Likes

Let us know, Brian! (and if they manage the Xiaomis)