[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Just came across the DH for the Honeywell smoke alarm after looking at the other thread about this device. So far everything seems to work just fine (thanks guys!) although I’ll need to get a can of smoke to do a proper test (which I’ll also use to test my other proper ‘dumb’ smoke alarms in the house).

As we in Australia don’t have z wave functionality on our ST hubs, I’m wondering if the smoke alarm could be pressed into service as a cheapish battery siren (it is loud) for other alerts once remote test/triggering can be implemented in the DH. What do you guys think?

No luck yet. Connect home is possibly on a firmware that still doesn’t support xiaomi aqara devices. I’ll research more…

Thanks much for your answer.

I’m trying to get access to some of the other features the xiaomi smoke detector has, you can read a little more on the git if your interested. If I can get it to work then what you are suggesting should be possible… but still a work in progress. If you are using the DH from the bspranger git (the one at top of this thread) I’d be interested to have any feedback and test result for how this is working for you.

Yes read through the git issues thread and started looking into the structure of device handlers also and how to write them. I used the code from your fork. So far everything works great, paired easily. Otherwise I’ll test it with simulated smoke next week once I order a can of the stuff. Looking forward to further progress in due course!

I am looking forward to this one: "Xiaomi mijia Honeywell Gas Alarm "https://www.gearbest.com/alarm-systems/pp_615080.html

Does anyone know if it is possible to pair a button directly with a wall switch?

Hello,

So I just tested this with my round Xiaomi temp humidity using your most recent version w/ test fingerprints. Unpaired it and repaired.

Unfortunately

• the fingerprints don’t do anything with mine - it still doesn’t even come up as a Thing so I have to do catchall
  • the Zigbee ID is not in the catchall (nor could I find it in hub events or live logging - at least at this pass) - nothing starting with 00158

I bought this back in April of last year - might be a really early version w/ little reported.

I have access to the Zigbee ID through my Xbee mapping of the system - it does indeed start with a 00158 as I’d expect - so I’ll plug it in from there.

Sorry!

Alec

PS - here’s the catchall just in case you’re curious and see a pattern I don’t

Actual zigbeeID as identified by my Xbee/XCTU 00158D0001564B48

Aw, that’s a shame. And the Zigbee Id wouldn’t show up in that catchall. I’ve only seen it show up in a much shorter message that appears in the hub events log, and not every time that I try pairing a device, either.

I have actually bought a couple of round “original” temp/humidity sensors from @mckenph, that will show up next week, so I can do some further testing on variations of the fingerprint.

Wondering how you’re going to test it :smile:

I have no idea, just thought It would be a great addition to my other Carbon Monoxide sensors that are hard wired. I have nothing in the room with the furnace, which bakes up to the garage.

Turns out you can find anything on the internet!

Almost anything, thanks. Now when someone gets one to create a DTH.

I checked and the gas it’s designed to detect is cooking gas - methane.

It can be tested by holding a butane lighter under it, and holding the valve open (without lighting it of course!)

Not battery powered - it uses a wall “wart”.

Where did you find that info? That is even more useful, but the wall wart is not good.

my mistake - of course I went CO - well - methane should be easier to put to the test… :slight_smile:

Any love for the hub V1 for these devices? I have the Aqara 2 gen temp/humidity sensor, I 'm using this DVH. It pairs fine and shows the parameters, but after a few minutes 30-40min, it stops reporting.

Any help is appreciated!

Methane detection is stated in the Q&A for the product on Gear Best, and if you look through reviews, people posted photos of the power supply and complain about no option for using a battery.

Also, worth laughs - watch this video “review” on YouTube.

1 Like

Well that is out of the question now. I don’t feel like modifying the device to hide the power wart.

Don’t know how I missed it, but WIRED published a very interesting article last December on Xiaomi, from the perspective of being a smart phone maker that went from dropping out of success to becoming wildly successful last year, while also expanding into a tremendous range of other types of products.

The smoke alarm seems to come in two versions, what is the model number for the battery version?