[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Hi, i have Aqara Button WXKG11LM. It has been working without problems for weeks, but suddenly something went wrong. The device stays online, but it doesnt register push event. When i push the button it registers only lastCheckin and the blue LED blinks twice i have to push slowly the reset button and it immediately recognizes push event and it works well, but after hour it goes back to only “checkin mode”. I tried to delete device and to do the pairing process again, but everytime the result is the same… Thx for reply (PS: my two aqara temp/humidity sensors works good all the time)

Hi Guys,
Just bought my frist V3 hub.
And bought a Xiaomi kit couple of days before.
Wanna use the Xiaomi parts with smarthings and wounder if you can guide me to the newest device handler commands for them? I see that its a 1605 post and it would take me a day to go throu all.
Should i use the original post or is it old?
Thanks

The Gitgub linked in the first post is updated pretty regularly and should have the most current DTH’s. I don’t know which Xiaomi devices you have, but there are a couple that aren’t included in that Github, but have DTH’s elsewhere on the forums. The cube controller and curtains come to mind.

THx, I have the Motion detectors and switch and magnet sensors.
Is there a way to even connect to the xiaomi hub? Maybe use it like a lamp :smiley:

Edit: Need some help please.
I did copy the raw of the needed sensors, and published them for me. Even restarted the hub.
And when i try to pair by the app and scanning (Holdning reset button for about 4 sekunds untill it flashes, it never finds it! Tested pushing 10 times, still nothing) tested this about 15 times and even came close about 10 cm from the hub.
I watched every youtube clip about the pairing and still dont work?

Once again in need of help please.
I have now watched everey damn youtube video, googled, tested paring more than 50 times, tested to diffrent device handlers (bspranger and a4refilpad) for the motion detector RTCGQ01LM
Tested to push 3 secounds and then 1 push when it shows a longer flash And tested to push reset 8-10 times. None of those methods work.
I cant find it neither in app or in the even list.
Device handler is published.
Hub Firmware 000.028.00012 EU
Whats wrong? !

Sorry you’re having issues. I have a few of those same motion sensors and they paired relatively easily for me (as far as Xioami/Aqara devices go anyway). All Xiaomi/Aqara devices can take a long time to pair, so you need to be patient. Your description of your pairing process is a bit confusing, but the method that has worked best for me (and is similar to what I’ve read from other people) is as follows:

1. Put the hub in discovery mode (“Add a Thing” for classic app “Scan” for new app)
  2. Press and hold the button until the light flashes 3 times quickly (indicating it’s in pairing mode)
  3. Short press on the button every 2-3 seconds to keep it awake (it will usually flash once or twice when you do this)
  4. Keep short pressing the button every few seconds until SmartThings finds it (this can take 5 minutes or more)
  5. If it doesn’t pair within 10 minutes start over at step 1

You also want to make sure the device is in an area with good signal between the device and the hub or a compatible repeater. If you have any zigbee repeaters that aren’t compatible with Xiaomi devices make sure they’re powered off (and don’t be surprised if your Xiaomi devices drop off the network once they’re powered back on).

1 Like

Thanks for the info.
I tested as you wrote with 3 diffrent units for 30 min… Nothing.
I will return the xiaomi units to the store, and give upp.
Dunno if Samsung made some uppdate that f.s this upp or what it is!

I gave it yet a nother go and did following
Removed all the device handlers
Tested with Bspringer Xiaomi Motion sensor for a start about 10 min of Pushing it untill it blinks 3 times then a push every 1-2 sec
Tested even to push 9-10 times on the row

Didnt work.
Tested Bspringer Aqara motion sensor
Same problem
Tested a nother device handlar from youtube.

Gave it about 40 more min. And still Never once did the List event showed them or the scaning of the app picked it upp.
I have
Samsung Smarthings V3
Hub v3 EU
Zigbee Version: 3.0.16 CHannal 20
Firmware 000.028.00012

XIaomi Kit Europe/Sweden.

Sadly this time i see no future in this.
I have googled, and watched every damn pairing on youtube with no luck. Cant get it working for motion or door sensor. :neutral_face: :frowning_face:

Sounds like you’re using the new app, I’d suggest trying the classic app. It shouldn’t matter, but I’ve read reports of a few people having trouble pairing devices with the new app, and then have immediate success when trying with the classic app.

Also, you could try checking the event log for catchall messages. To see these you need to log in to the IDE (https://account.smartthings.com/ and click on locations. Then click on events, and then make sure you select the “All” tab at the top. Do this before you try pairing any devices, and refresh the page periodically. You should see a line somewhere in all those messages that starts with “catchall” followed by a bunch of numbers and letters. If you find this line you should be able to manually add the device using the catchall method.

1 Like

Hi, I need help connecting my xiaomi round button WXKG01LM. My hub is v2 with firmware 28.00012. I tried the DTH v1.3 but it didn’t work, my button can’t be found.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

1 Like

I have have been fighting these motion sensors for 3 weeks.
I have a v2 hub and use the classic app. I have 3 original motion sensors that have been used for a couple years. Originally with a4refillpad handlers, then swapped for bspranger and they worked fine.

Recently one dropped and no matter what I did I could not get it to reconnect. I thought maybe it died so I bought a new aqara motion sensor. I can get it to pair, but it drops after about 30 mins, never to return.
I’ve powered down all zigbee repeaters from the network and tried both through discovery method and catchall/zbjoin. No joy. Sometimes I can get it to connect but it always drops never to return. Given I had previous success and now do not, I can only assume something changed from my initial success to now to cause my, and presumably others, challenges. Possibilities I’ve thought of:

• hub firmware
  • other zigbee devices added to set-up
  • signal interference

Since I don’t want to troubleshoot further, I threw up my hands and ordered a ST motion sensor and have had no issues. I now have 1 original and 2 (1 still NIB) aqara motion sensors that I can use as paper weights. Incidentally I still have two original xiaomi motion sensors in my set-up and they are still rock solid… for now :-/

Thanks Jason.
DId 1 thing wrong before and thats thanks to wrong details on youtube paring clips.
I did enter My Hubs – List events and not my locations.
Installed old version of ST and now i just paired a motion sensor. Hope it works now

This same thing just happened to me. I tried very hard with the new app (and was super confused why people were saying I should press “add a thing” - no such button there). Nothing happened. When I was doing short presses on my aqara temperature sensor, the sensor was replying with a single blink. Once I started to use “classic” app, the sensor started to reply with a double blink, and it got found very fast. Conclusion, there is something messed up about the mode that the NEW app puts the hub in, so I am guessing that the double blink means “I joined the network”, whereas single blink means “nothing is going on yet”

I use zigbee outlet
I have this problem
When I turn on outlet by device button app does not recognize that the outlet is turn on so the rules from webcore does not work the only way is to turn it on from the app then working great… any solutuon;

I know this was a long time ago, and I don’t know if you ever got to using both L1 and L2 as two switches (I couldn’t find any answer saying you did).

But I have successfully done so by first pairing the device, which I believe it did automatically for me which was very relieveing. And then I switched the device type to “ZIgbee Multi Switch Power” which created a child device using the device type: “Child Switch Health”. With these two ‘devices’ you can turn on/off both L1 and L2 without any problems at all.

I don’t believe any device handler was needed for this, but I can’t say for sure since I’m new to this.

1 Like

How can I see the next hop line, for some reason in the device page in IDE I dont have it

Are you looking at the list of devices, or the details for an individual device? It’s on the details page for each device.

I can only see the next hop when I look at the device page on the phone, so I now can at least see it somewhere.

I was trying to find a way to buy Brian a drink for his hard work. Total noob here and appreciate the work that Brian put into this so that I could add a bunch of cheap moisture sensors.

The last thing I want is a leak in the Black Pearl while I am drunk on rum punch. You know that I can’t trust the scallywags in my crew

Did you ever figure out how to set the Sensitivity Level to High ?.