[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

I’m not 100% sure, but this sounds like a known issue with custom DTH’s going “stale” in SmartThing’s cache for a user’s hub, as explained in this thread:

The “stale” DTH issue has actually happened to me twice while pairing a device, and although it did not appear in the SmartThings mobile app when in “Add a Thing” mode, I could see Live Logging output showing that it had successfully paired. Oddly, the device was not in my hub’s Device List as viewed in the IDE.

In addition to re-saving and re-publishing my custom DTHs, I also had to look at the Hub Activity logs to figure out the Device Network ID so I could manually add the device to the Device List before I could delete it and try pairing it again normally. I call this phenomenon “ghost devices”, and it’s quite frustrating to deal with.

There are other possible reasons why Xiaomi / Aqara devices may have trouble pairing, so if the above suggestions don’t work, let me know.

2 Likes