[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Thanks for the information and it’s quite handy having a read what you said. For the IKEA outlet sounds a easy thing to get round but just don’t want to add another brand to the house but I’ll keep that idea in my back pocket if I need it down the line.
As you said it might be a duff sensor which after everything you said I’m thinking the same as I took right next to the hub and reinstalled it again and still no joy when it opens. So I have added a few more sensors for a project I was going to do. So I’ll nab one of those and see if it works where it needs to go. If the same happens there then I may have to bite the bullet and by the Ikea outlet to help. Thanks again for the help. Always good to know someone there to help when need

1 Like

It never hurts to try a fresh battery. Especially if you didnt install the last one yourself recently.

Tired the new battery and it worked. But I did notice the housing for the battery was lose. Managed to tighten it up and boom. Sensor works now when open and closed. So something simple sorted it out.

Just got to sort out aqara humidity sensor that just appears like this:

1 Like

Exact same thing for me !

Battery housing in Aqara open close sensor is not very durable. I have broken one of my open close sensors just when I took the battery off. One of the housings metal legs broke and after that there was contact issues. Weird thing was that it worked one month perfectly after I adjusted housing so that battery was tight enough. Then it went offline again and started to flash led constantly. Pushed housing down and that fixed it for couple of months. After that it started to do it more often and finally it stayed online just couple of days before going offline again.
So be careful if you remove battery.

@skenny16 & @tango87dr

If any Xiaomi / Aqara device pairs as a “Thing”, then you will need to manually assign the correct custom device handler (DTH) to that device.

If you need instructions on how to assign a different DTH to a device, please see this post by the ever-helpful @JDRoberts:

The name of the DTH you want to assign is “Xiaomi Aqara Temperature Humidity Sensor”:

28%20PM

Please note that the battery percentage may not be displayed for 1-2 hours, because Xiaomi / Aqara devices only sent a battery report every 50-60 minutes, depending on the model.

3 Likes

Go the round original button how come in the smart lighting app it’s still only shows pushed and held how do I get double etc?

Read post 1323 in this thread… :wink:

Not entirely 100% sure how it answers my question sorry

I think he meant post 1242. See it. Install new DTH for round button and you will have multi-button capabilities.

2 Likes

First, please make sure you are using the latest device handler (DTH) for the Xiaomi Round Button.

Then when setting up an automation in the Smart Lighting app, for double-click, triple-click, etc., the corresponding button number must be selected:

Please see this post for more information and the link to the updated Xiaomi Button DTH.

1 Like

Has anyone torn one of these switches apart and soldered wires to it to make the switch a sensor for “open/closed” events like one would get from an infra-red beam sensor or other "non-IOT sensor?

I ordered a very inexpensive one:

The goal being to sense someone walking up the front steps (I’m looking at YOU FedEx and UPS!) and ring the door bell for them, as they can’t seem to locate the large and well-lit doorbell button.

Hi, Can someone please “pick-up the glove” and develop a Device Handler for :
Two-way Control Module Wireless Relay Controller . Product: LLKZMK11LM.

This can be a wonderful cheap solution for Fibaro Double Switch FGS-223
Advice ?

2 Likes

I’m looking into a Xiaomi humidity sensor. I see that there is a round version and a square version. Can someone explain which one is the latest and greatest and why? I have a pending ebay proposal waiting. I just don’t want to end up buying an older model with more issues.

The square (Aqara) version is the newest - i use it myself - works great… :blush:

Thank you. Any issues pairing it? Which device controllers do you use?

Some users have issues pairing Xiaomi / Aqara devices. It depends on a number of things - including what kind of hub do you have, what ZigBee channel is its ZigBee mesh operating on, and what mains-powered (plugged into the wall) ZigBee devices you are already using.

Knowing all of those things, I could give you a much better prediction of whether you’d have pairing issues, or other issues as well.

Do you mean device handler (DTH)?

The custom device handler that should be installed before trying to pair the Aqara Temp-Humidity sensor is the GitHub/bspranger/Xiaomi one, linked in the first post of this thread.

The only way to properly develop a device handler is to have the device in hand.

Personally I don’t have plans to purchase one until I have heard that it will work with US 60Hz power. It’s rated for 50Hz, which can affect the operation of coil relays, and I haven’t found any breakdown videos / photos /posts to see what the internals are.

However, @guyeeba over at the Hubitat Hub Community Forums has put together a Hubitat Hub device driver which could in theory be adapted to use with SmartThings.

According to him, there isn’t much difference to the Aqara Wired w/Neutral Wall Switches (models QBKG11LM & QBKG12LM) in what’s needed to control this new relay device.

So, once the SmartThings drivers for Aqara models QBKG11LM & QBKG12LM have been “fixed” to work with the changes in the new v26.x Hub Firmware, then they will likely also work with the LLKZMK11LM relay with a few modifications.

it is posible to add Xiaomi Aqara Camera G2 please

Sorry, the focus of this thread is Xiaomi / Aqara Zigbee end devices and that camera is a WiFi IP Camera plus ZigBee 3.0 gateway, which means it is a ZigBee hub that cannot be used with SmartThings.

It is not possible to have two gateways/hubs on the same ZigBee mesh network.

Firstly, thanks very much for all your help. You’re the best!

Your screenshot of the Lighting Automation shows “button number” - you pointed an arrow to it.

When replicating the same on my device, I have no button number.

I have:

• application: 03
  • endpointId: 01
  • manufacturer: LUMI
  • model: lumi.sensor_switch.aq2

And this DH installed.

• Aqara Button - models WXKG11LM (original & new revision) / WXKG12LM
  • Device Handler for SmartThings - Firmware version 25.20 and newer ONLY
  • Version 1.4.2b

Can you help me make use of the 3 other buttons please?