[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

Yes it is.

Before I bought a SmartThings v2 hub, I was using the SmartThings Link for NVIDIA Shield TV. My Xiaomi devices NEVER stayed connected to it for more than an hour or two.

The reason for this is quite well documented. ZigBee hubs and repeaters (routers) will drop the connection of ZigBee end devices that don’t check in often enough based on what’s called End Device Aging Timeout. However, ZigBee end devices whose connection have been dropped but attempt to check in can still rejoin the network after receiving a rejoin request from the hub / repeater.

Unfortunately, Xiaomi devices do not follow ZigBee protocol of rejoining the network when requested.

The only way to get around this issue is to use a hub / repeaters which have an End Device Aging Timeout period that is longer than the normal check in frequency of Xiaomi devices (50 or 60 seconds depending on the model.)

The End Device Aging Timeout period length is not user-adjustable (with the exception of XBee devices) and is not normally part of any published ZigBee information for hubs / routers. So compatibility with Xiaomi devices can only be discovered through trial and error.

Based on my experience and reports by various users, the SmartThings Link for NVIDIA Shield presumably has an End Device Aging Timeout period shorter than the check in frequency of Xiaomi devices, while the v2 hub does not. Also a seeming majority of ZigBee repeater-capable devices are incompatible with Xiaomi devices because of the End Device Aging Timeout period / no network rejoin issue.

Good sources of information:

1 Like

Thank you very much for that detailed response. I may go pick up a v2 hub and give it a try. Appreciate it!

So i tested a bit further with the 1.3.1b…
I think there might be a small bug with this version and my WXKG03LM and a WXKG12LM i’ve tried it on.
When i tap the button in the (Classic) app for this device, it shows a Held instead of a Pushed in the app.
I still can’t get the HOLD to work with the physical button, but now the IDE log show this when i press the button in the app:

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.57.28: debug Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Setting Last Held to current date/time

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.57.28: info Aqara Switch WXKG03LM was held (Button 1 held)

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.57.28: info Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Virtual App Button Pressed

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.57.28: debug Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Setting Last Held to current date/time

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.57.28: info Aqara Switch WXKG03LM was held (Button 1 held)

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.57.28: info Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Virtual App Button Pressed

It stays in HELD mode in the app until i press the physical button, and then shows this:

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.59.08: debug Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Creating event [name:button, value:pushed, data:[buttonNumber:1], descriptionText:Aqara Switch WXKG03LM was pushed, isStateChange:true]

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.59.08: debug Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Setting Last Pressed to current date/time

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.59.08: info Aqara Switch WXKG03LM was pushed (Button 1 pushed)

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.59.08: debug Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Setting Last Pressed to current date/time

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.59.08: debug Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Parsing 'on/off: 1'

[4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d](https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs#4ce011fe-a84b-4d84-9ffa-cae07dbdce4d) 18.59.08: debug Aqara Switch WXKG03LM: Parsing 'on/off: 1'

Thought that you maybe could use this info… :slight_smile:

Hi everyone I just want to confirm xiaomi device working with Samsung connect pro without any issue since they release new firmware which is 22.52 I’m using xiaomi device with new firmware where since 4 days without dropping any connection and without disconnecting working perfectly fine without any problems I have more than 30 device which is leaks sensors open and close sensor motion sensor humidity sensor and push buttons since 4 days they all working fine I’m so happy because I have Samsung home connect pro since long time and I was waiting for new update

But please make sure use DH by bspranger

That’s great news - thanks for reporting it!

Just to be clear, you are talking about the “virtual button” in the SmartThings Classic App user interface for your buttons, right? If yes, I have fixed that in a new beta release (see below).

However, because you have the original revision of the 1-button model WXKG03LM Aqara Wireless Remote Switch which reports the ZigBee product ID lumi.sensor_86sw1, it does not support double-click or hold in the hardware. Only the new revision that reports the ZigBee product ID lumi.remote.b186acn01 supports single/double-click and hold.

Information about new revisions of Aqara Wireless Remote Switches

As identified in my chart of Xiaomi’s ZigBee devices a few posts above, there are new 2018 revisions of the Aqara Wireless Remote Switches. After some research, I have found out the following information:

The new revisions of the Aqara Wireless Remote Switches (1-button model WXKG03LM and 2- button model WXKG02LM) are known as the “international version” and are designed to work with Xiaomi’s Aqara’s new Apple HomeKit bridge-capable hub.

The boxes of the new revision ZigBee button devices will have CE and RoHS logos, and the EAN-13 code for the new model WXKG02LM is 6 970504 210516 (while the previous revision’s code was 6 970504 210049.) However, once removed from their boxes, the only way to identify whether you are using the old 2016 or new 2018 revision is by looking at the ZigBee product ID, which is listed as “model” in the device details page of a successfully paired device in your SmartThings IDE, like this:

ee88093a4299dc05d820279868b8df410c6e01c2

The new revision of the 1-button model is identified with lumi.remote.b186acn01 and the new 2-button model as lumi.remote.b286acn01. Both of them now support single-click, double-click, and hold in hardware; however, the 2-button model is still only recognized as one button due to the limitation in SmartThings of not recognizing ZigBee messages from different endpoints.

One of my sources of information on these new revisions of the Aqara Wireless Remote Switches claims that they can be purchased from this seller on AliExpress - however, there is no guarantee you won’t receive one of the older revision models.

[BETA] Xiaomi Aqara Button SmartThings DTH v1.3.5b

This release adds untested support for the new revision of the 2-button Aqara Wireless Smart Wall Switch model WXKG02LM, which has single/double-click and hold support. It also fixes the issue reported by @AnubizDK with the “virtual button” that can be used in the SmartThings “Classic” mobile app UI for the button.

The updated DTH code can be copied directly from here.

Changes:

• pressing the virtual app button now correctly creates a button 1 - pressed event
  • added a check for unknown button model in init() which result in numberOfButtons being set to 3 to accommodate all possible button types.
  • edited compatibility notes in header section of DTH for clarity
  • added fingerprints for new revisions of models WXKG03LM (ZigBee model lumi.remote.b186acn01) and WXKG02LM (ZigBee product ID lumi.remote.b286acn01)
  • added UNTESTED support for new revision of 2-button Aqara Wireless Remote Switch WXKG03LM (product ID lumi.remote.b286acn01) with single-press, double-press, and hold functions, although both buttons are only recognized as one button due to a limitation in SmartThings
  • edited code comments for clarity on functions of different models

Isn’t it technically’s Lumi’s AQara Homekit bridge? The Xiaomi Mi platform doesn’t have a Homekit compatible hub AFAIK.

I have always been of the understanding that Aqara is just one of many of Xiaomi’s sub-brands.

Either way, it is an Aqara-branded hub that acts as a HomeKit bridge, though apparently it can be added in the Xiaomi Mi Home app, and some older Xiaomi Mi (and older Aqara) devices can be added to it. Some more useful information can be found here:

Here’s what Lumi/AQara told me earlier this month

1 Like

So, who can we blame for Xiaomi/Aqara devices dropping their connection?! :joy:

haha, Lumi!

@veeceeoh Keith you’re amazing! We all thank you!

1 Like

@veeceeoh
Thanks for the great work you are doing . !
I’m new member and still didn’t buy ST.

I will probably going to buy V3 as this is the only option I have in my country .
Is it possible to fix the drop connection issue on the St v3 ?

Hi there after serveral sites and reading on here and following instructions, I finally got the WXKG03LM working with my Hub 3.0. Only thing I’m trying to figure out is how do I get the switch to operate on/off lights, I used the app to create just a on mode but want it to do off with the next press.

Please help, this is my test switch before my other wired version come in

You have to create the rules you can have options on off from light section on the pick what you want on or off

1 Like

I had one of my Xiaomi Aqara motion sensors drop off the network and this method worked great to re-pair it! It’s been a while since I’ve had to pair one of these and I must say that the process has become much easier! I have some zigbee repeaters around the house, so I wonder if those are to blame. If so, I’ll have to move my Xiaomi sensors closer to the hub and use the Samsung branded ones far away.

1 Like

Ok got the switch working as I spoke earlier. Thanks Wasim

Ok paired up my temperature sensors all working perfectly fine, after a one at a time pairing.

One question is does the readings show up on the new ST app or it’s only on the old one. Find the old one cumbersome but for some reason has more uses.

xiaomi temperature sensors working ok, but xiaomi/aqara motion sensor working not ok(drop connection after a few hours)

I cannot confirm that the SmartThings v3 hub has the dropped connection issue with Xiaomi devices because I only have a v2 hub.

However, I see the in the next post after yours from @Kidd reporting success of an Aqara Wireless Wall Switch working with a v3 hub.

But to answer your connection, I cannot help fix the dropped connection issue on any SmartThings device. It is not related to the device handlers (DTHs), but rather related to Xiaomi devices not following ZigBee HA (Home Automation) 1.2 standards.

Custom device handlers (DTHs) are still not officially supported in the new SmartThings mobile app.

Are you asking for help? If yes, then what hub are you using? And do you have any ZigBee repeater devices?

Hi,
I’m using Samsung connect home. I don’t use any zigbee repeater