[OBSOLETE] Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

In theory!

However, looking through the certification documentation for just the new Door & Window Sensor, this appears to be the good news we’d want to see from Xiaomi moving forward:

So from what I understand, this and the other new ZigBee 3.0 certified Aqara devices will attempt to rejoin a mesh network that it was previously on, which is something all previous Xiaomi devices fail to do. Even after searching through some of the ZigBee Alliance’s certification documentation, I’m not sure what the “ZLT3” designation refers to, but the “M” means “Mandatory”, and “Yes” of course means that function is supported. My hope is that the new Aqara devices will also automatically rejoin the network of a ZigBee 2.1 hub.

Interestingly this certification process has been going on since 2015, and thankfully all of the ZigBee 3.0 certified Aqara devices have new model numbers, and the new product names listed on the ZigBee Certification website end with “T1”, except for the “Wall Switch (with Neutral, Double Rocker) S2”. I say “thankfully”, because recently Xiaomi has released new revisions of some of their Aqara ZigBee products under existing model numbers, but with different hardware feature sets.

Because Xiaomi’s website hasn’t been updated to display the new “T1” & “S2” product lineups, and there are multiple older models with the same external case but different features, I expect things to be a confusing mess for people looking to buy Xiaomi devices. It’s also a complete mess in terms of supporting all of the models / variants in SmartThings device handlers. With that in mind, I am building a spreadsheet to make sense of all of the different models / revisions of Xiaomi’s ZigBee smart home devices.

Here’s a preview:

Xiaomi Device Name Device Type Model / SKU Zigbee Model Certification
Aqara Cube Controller Multi-function Controller MFKZQ01LM lumi.sensor_cube
Original Door and Window Sensor Magnetic Contact Sensor MCCGQ01LM lumi.sensor_magnet
Aqara Door and Window Sensor Magnetic Contact Sensor MCCGQ11LM lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2
Aqara Door and Window Sensor T1 Magnetic Contact Sensor MCCGQ12LM ZigBee 3.0
Original Motion Sensor IR Motion Sensor RTCGQ01LM lumi.sensor_motion
Aqara Motion Sensor IR Motion Sensor RTCGQ11LM lumi.sensor_motion.aq2
Aqara Smart Bulb Smart Bulb (E27) ZNLDP12LM
Original Smart Plug Plug-in Outlet Switch ZNCZ02LM lumi.plug
Aqara Smart Plug Plug-in Outlet Switch ZNCZ12LM lumi.ctrl_86plug.aq1
Original Temperature and Humidity Sensor Temp & Humidity Sensor RTCGQ01LM lumi.sensor_ht
Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor Temp & Humidity Sensor WSDCGQ11LM lumi.weather
Aqara Wall Outlet In-wall Outlet Switch QBCZ11LM
Aqara Wall Switch - Single (no Neutral) Wall Switch (no neutral) QBKG04LM lumi.ctrl_neutral1
Aqara Wall Switch - Double (no Neutral) Wall Switch (no neutral) QBKG03LM lumi.ctrl_neutral2
Aqara Wall Switch - Single (w/Neutral) Wall Switch w/Neutral QBKG11LM lumi.ctrl_ln1.aq1
Aqara Wall Switch - Double (w/Neutral) Wall Switch w/Neutral QBKG12LM lumi.ctrl_ln2.aq1
Aqara Wall Switch S2 - Double (w/Neutral) Wall Switch w/Neutral QBKG20LM ZigBee 3.0
Aqara Water Leak Sensor Water Contact Sensor SJCGQ11LM lumi.sensor_wleak.aq1
Aqara Water Leak Sensor T1 Water Contact Sensor SJCGQ12LM ZigBee 3.0
Original Smart Wireless Switch Multi-function Button WXKG01LM lumi.sensor_switch
Aqara Wireless Mini Switch Multi-function Button WXKG11LM (2015) lumi.sensor_switch.aq2
Aqara Wireless Mini Switch Multi-function Button WXKG11LM (2018) lumi.remote.b1acn01
Aqara Wireless Mini Switch Multi-function Button WXKG12LM lumi.sensor_switch.aq3
Aqara Wireless Mini Switch T1 Multi-function Button WXKG13LM ZigBee 3.0
Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Single Multi-function Button WXKG03LM (2016) lumi.sensor_86sw1 or lumi.sensor_86sw1lu
Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Single Multi-function Button WXKG03LM (2018) lumi.remote.b186acn01
Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Double Multi-function Button WXKG02LM (2016) lumi.sensor_86sw2 or lumi.sensor_86sw2Un
Aqara Wireless Remote Switch - Double Multi-function Button WXKG02LM (2018) lumi.remote.b286acn01
Aqara Vibration Sensor Accelerometer Sensor DJT11LM lumi.vibration.aq1
MiJia Honeywell Smoke Detector Smoke Detector JTYJ-GD-01LM/BW lumi.sensor_smoke
7 Likes