Open close sensor with picture frames

I am thinking of trying something new but I will need some help.

I’m thinking installing 2 picture frames on tracks that I can slide back and forth. I will install contact sensor on picture frames.

The reason is I will program the contact sensor to disable alarm and open front door when I slide the picture either together or apart.

Is it possible I can program the contact sensor to just bypass the front door only?

I would like to install another set of pictures for entrance to my garage.

Is there something like this out there?

I’m sorry, I don’t quite understand what this means.

Also, when you say “open the front door,” do you just mean unlock it, or physically cause it to swing open after it is unlocked? (I myself use a wheelchair, so “automatically open” tends to have a different meaning in my circles. :wink:)

If you are using Smart Home Monitor, I don’t know that it will be possible to do what you are wanting.
It doesn’t offer the ability to add SHM statuses which is what you would need.

Essentially, you would need the Disarm, Armed (Stay), and Armed (Away) statuses along with an additional one (or two) such as Armed (Stay, Bypass Front Door) and Armed (Stay, Bypass Garage Entrance).

If I understand that question, that would be true if you were using the “security” notification of smart home monitor.

But if instead you used the “custom” notifications, you should be able to set up individual rules for individual sensors.

I don’t know what happens if you were trying to also use the official integration with one of the monitoring services like scout, though.