[RELEASE] Official Monoprice Garage Door Sensor with Tamper and External Sensor Device Handler

RBoy Apps is now an official partner of Monoprice

This Device Handler is for the Monoprice Garage Door Sensor (11987).

This sensor is designed to detect angular changes, such as would occur when a garage door is opened. It also has terminal to connect an external wired sensor (N/C or N/O). It has a tamper-proof switch, which will trigger a Z-Wave signal when the cover is removed.

This device handler supports the Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus devices. Support has also been added for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification. Ideally install the Device Handler BEFORE pairing the device for easy setup.

Classic App

The device can be bought directly from Monoprice here for about $18 - $23 (depending on the sale)

We work with Monoprice create a special deals just for the SmartThings community from time to time, keep watching our facebook page for updates.

This device handler supports the following features:

1. Report the garage door state
  2. Report the battery level
  3. Ability to disable:
    • Internal sensor
    • External Sensor
  4. Configure the use of Normally Closed (N/C) or Normally Open (N/O) external wired sensor
  5. Support for v1 and v2 hub fingerprinting for easy identification
  6. Ability to request a manual update for the sensors and configuration (this is a delayed update at the next wake up)
  7. Easy to use configuration page with detailed explanations for all the parameters
  8. Reporting device tampering to SmartThings (as a tamper device capability)

Ideally install the Device Handler BEFORE pairing the device for easy setup.

NOTE:

• The device is mounted on the garage door with the LED at the bottom of the sensor (see above picture). If mounted upside down it may not function properly
  • To request the manual update, please press the “Request Update” button, however this is a DELAYED update. The motion sensor is mostly in sleep mode to preserve battery. The next time it wakes up, if the user had requested a manual update, it will fetch the latest battery state.
  • To force an immediate battery update, press the “Request Update” button and then open the device cover for 1 second and then close it.
  • The internal sensor and external sensor operate simultaneously. If you want to use only one sensor, you can disable the other sensor in the device settings page (gear box on the top right corner)
  • By default the external sensor expects a N/C (Normally Closed) sensor. You can change this to a N/O (Normally Open) sensor in the device settings page (gear box on the top right corner)

Low Battery: If your battery below 20% consider replacing it. The device may stop sending updates if the battery falls below this level.

More features to added, if you have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to ask and we’ll try to add it.

INCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to install the Device Handler BEFORE paring the device for easier setup.

1. If you are unsure about the device state exclude the device first otherwise it won’t pair (see below)
  2. To pair the device, Select Add New Device from the MarketPlace on your ST phone app.
  3. Open the device cover and the LED should start blinking
  4. If the LED is not blinking press the Tamper button for about 1 second and then release it
  5. Once the LED is blinking, it should complete pairing within 30 seconds

EXCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: If you deleted the device without excluding it won’t pair up again until you exclude it.

1. Set the hub into exclude mode (log into the IDE → My Hub → View Utilities → Z-Wave Exclude.
  2. Open the device cover, the LED should come on
  3. Press the Tamper button for about 1 second and then release it, on a successful exclusion the LED should start blinking

Check out these other SmartApps

[RELEASE] Door Chimes and Notifications for Doorbells and Sensors

[RELEASE] Security System: Intruder Alert with Actions

This device type handler is available on the RBoy Apps Server. Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.

Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to ALL our Premium Apps and Server. RBOY APPS SmartThings - Make your Home your Butler

(c) RBoy Apps

4 Likes

Official Monoprice Garage Door Sensor with Tamper and External Sensor Device Handler - Version 01.00.01

• Remove excess “covering closed” notifications in recently tab

Is there a device that can be used in conjunction with this to trigger the inputs on the door to open and close it much like the button does? I’ve tried the Linear and other ones but they seem to stop working after a few months and I end up replacing them.

Are you referring to a dry contact device or a button/switch device? Here are a few examples of such devices.

Official Monoprice Garage Door Sensor with Tamper and External Sensor Device Handler - Version 01.01.00

• Added basic support for new ST app
  • Improved resiliency for event processing in a weak mesh

1 Like

Has Monoprice discontinued the Garage Door Sensor? I don’t see it on their website anymore.

I just ordered an EcoLink unit because I discovered the same thing.

Um, not sure what happened, but it seems (recenty, in the past few weeks) that my garage tilt sensor stopped indicating when and whether the garage was opening or closing.

I’ve had this Ecolink garage tilt sensor since late 2018 and been using rboy’s DTH with it as well.

Anyone else having this issue?

thanks,
hbs

Um… so I bought another one this week. Same model, Ecolink, sold on Amazon.

It worked for a couple days, until (I think) I remembered to edit the device type to rboy Monoprice Garage Tilt Sensor.