Official "Logitech Harmony Triggers" failing?

@slagle

OK I figured out what happened.

Someone in support (I have about eight open tickets I’m not sure who) pushed some stuff to me.

Among those was a new official smartapp, “harmony control.” Not “harmony connect.”

It looks like this is intended to replace the old smart app “Logitech Harmony trigger”

That smartapp attached itself to my existing triggers. That’s fine. It seems to work OK. It might even just be a re-name of the old app although the screens look a little different.

But here’s the thing, apparently that process signed me out of my harmony Account for the purposes of ST integration, but without any notification that that had happened. So everything was working right, echo was processing the voice request, SmartThings was flipping the virtual switch, SmartThings was sending the activity request to harmony, but because the harmony account was not signed on, the harmony hub never received the activity request. So that’s why nothing was working.

Once I opened the new Control smartapp, found the credentials page, signed in there, and saved it, everything started working again.

So I went four days without voice control of the entertainment center because something changed in my SmartThings account without my being notified of it. That’s not a complaint, it’s just an explanation of what happened and why. And why it might happen to somebody else but not everybody else.

So if anyone else has their Harmony integration suddenly fail, poke around and see if you have a “harmony control” Smart app installed, and if so, check the credentials page to make sure that you are signed in to your harmony account there.

Tim, would be a good idea to make sure support knows that people may have to re-sign in on that specific credentials page. I don’t think everyone’s going to find it on their own.

Also, the official knowledgebase still refers to the “Logitech Harmony trigger” smart app so I really don’t know what’s going on

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205653864-How-to-trigger-Logitech-Harmony-Activities

1 Like