Official Ecobee 3 Integration

Hi @Automatic00,

Please refer to the ST community wiki for Troubleshooting:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ecobee3RemoteSensorInit#Troubleshooting

Also, please take note of the following issues at the moment with My Ecobee Device:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device#Known_issues

I know that ST is working on improving their Cloud-To-Cloud integration as specified here, but there is no ETA.

See below:

Continuing the discussion from Initial Setup for Ecobee3, Smart-SI, EMS, Smart-02 thermostats - My custom Ecobee Device:

Continuing the discussion from Initial Setup for Ecobee3, Smart-SI, EMS, Smart-02 thermostats - My custom Ecobee Device:

[quote=“slagle, post:115, topic:17260, full:true”]
We are working on improving our end of Cloud and Lan connected devices. We can only control what we can control.

Aside from that, the only recommendation I can recommend is to reduce polling intervals. This will rule out your connection being limited by the external API. I know MyQ and Ecobee are very specific about their polling intervals. I have read on their forums they recommend not polling more than every 30 seconds (maybe 10 seconds? I found both numbers but 30 second intervals show up more).

I’d find it unlikely that you are hitting this limit, but I have also read on their forums something along the lines of “Our servers ensure that your thermostat is protected from attacks against it.” I wonder if you are hitting that “wall” so to speak.

I say all this not to say it isn’t on our end at all, but it may not be all on our end. Try reducing polling intervals and see if that resolves these timeout connection issues. :smile: I’d be interested to know. Maybe start by doubling your currently polling intervals.

Most of the other threads @yvesracine mentioned (with the exception of MyQ) are not related to this and are either related to a platform outage or DHCP issues. (We have a fix for wemo coming out in a little while that allows us to see and change the IP when the wemo Ip changes locally)
[/quote

Regards.