Hello SmartThings Community!
We are currently testing a new SmartApp to integrate SmartThings devices into the Octoblu ecosystem, and would like to invite you to help us test and refine this integration!
For those unfamiliar, Octoblu enables companies to create IoT services with secure real-time exchange of data. The services are built on an open communications and management platform that supports a variety of protocols for physical devices to communicate seamlessly with each other, people, legacy applications, and cloud services. Through public, private, or hybrid clouds users can connect, design, process, and analyze the flow of information. All services have been designed through a robust security and right management architecture.
Octoblu’s drag-and-drop designer makes automation simple. Our visual editor is powerful enough to handle complex interactions, yet simple enough for even non-engineers to use. Just drag, drop, and deploy your automations, without ever writing a single line of code. You can also share, import, and export your automated flows.
Smart Devices integration with Octoblu
Using the Octoblu SmartApp you can leverage the full power of your SmartThings devices within Octoblu. All event data is forwarded from SmartThings to the Meshblu messaging system, and likewise Meshblu is able to forward any commands or queries to SmartThings endpoints.
The most recent version of the Octoblu SmartApp can be found on github:
The Octoblu SmartApp can be setup and used with the following instructions:
- Make sure that you have an Octoblu account by signing up at https://app.octoblu.com/.
- Copy the contents of the above app.groovy from Octoblu’s repository into a new SmartApp at graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/apps, save and publish “for me”.
- Enable OAuth for the Octoblu SmartApp, through Edit Properties -> OAuth -> Enable OAuth in SmartApp -> Update
- Using the mobile app add the Octoblu SmartApp from the “My Apps” category of SmartSetup.
- “Authorize” SmartThings to use Octoblu for each configuration. It is recommended that you connect to a high throughput / low latency network for optimal web view loading times.
- Select which SmartThings devices you would like to be proxied to/from Octoblu, make sure to complete the configuration for device subscription.
- Your SmartThing devices should now show under “Connected Things” within Octoblu, create a flow which utilizes your newly connected things!
Any feedback is highly appreciated! Please share with us any issues or suggestions for improvement. If you happen to create an awesome flow please share it with the rest of the Octoblu community by creating a public ‘Bluprint’.
Many thanks for your time and support,
-The Octoblu Team