[OBSOLETE] Zemismart(Tuya) zigbee Blind Motor

Try re-add it or try a different DTH. There is a DTH on the Zemismart website product page. When I first added it the open-close status was reversed but everything else was fine.

How do you set the limits? Thanks in advance.

Did you or any 1 get a solution too this? Im on the same page has instructions for another rf remote so i cant get the rf remote too work or find it in smartthings. Any 1 whit some information here? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Jakub.

Total noob here, I’d never heard of device handlers or DTH. All a bit daunting at first glance.

I have the exact same model as you, and I’ve been struggling all day to connect it to SmartThings, because I didn’t know that it was never going to work, out of the box.

But, thanks to you, I have now managed to get it working!

So
 I just wanted to say thank you for pointing me in the right direction, and even down a whole new rabbit hole :smiley:

If you have any new insights regarding this device, I would appreciate hearing them.

Also, thank you to @craig for the info about the settings in the SmartThings app. That seems to have helped a lot.

I recently installed the DTH from the zemismart website and I’m looking for the stop or pause option. I have 2 buttons that say open and the other to say close. I’m looking for the pause/stop button in the smarthings app. Any help would be appreciated.

I too am considering purchasing the battery powered roller blind motor but trying to decide on Zigbee or Wifi.
Has anyone worked out what the dongle does? Does it receive commands via Zigbee and then send the commands to the blinds via RF? If so I could perhaps bypass the need for the dongle by using my Broadlink RM Pro 4 to send the RF commands direct?

Would you mind sharing where you’re downloading the Nue ZigBee Blind Switch device handler for Smartthings? I can’t find it and I bought the same motor you did. Thank you!

Zemismart contacted me to for a review of their blackout roller shade powered by a zigbee blind motor, which is powered by a lithium battery. They also agreed to send me the optional solar panel. Here is my video detailing my complete setup. I did have an issue at one point with establishing/maintaining a connection between the blind and SmartThings. I removed the blind and then reconnected it with SmartThings and it has been stable ever since. Zemismart recommended the following device handler when I contacted them about the connection stability issue. I have not tested the alternate DTH because the current DTH has been stable since I reinstalled the blinds.

Hi @iquix
I am using your DH with Tuya TM616EGZT (_TZE200_hsgrhjpf), and it works fine.

The only problem, is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to set the upper and lower limits using the using any combination of buttons on this device. This can only be achieved through the Tuya zigbee gateway (Smart Life).

Do you think the DTH could be adapted to allow for setting upper and lower limits?

Thanks

@Hendo25 and @Bud_M

Did you try their recommend handler?

Yes @milandjurovic71 - no way to set upper and lower limits in this DTH also.

There must be a zigbee packets that tuya hub sends to the motor for the limit setup, but I have no idea what the packet is.

1 Like

Hi @Hendo25, did you find a way to set upper and lower limit?

1 Like

To set the upper and lower limit position, you will need the RF remote.
I do have one and a manual laying around somewhere. If you give me a shout, I will dig it up for you.
But maybe you can find it digitally as well.

@josefreitasrf - unfortunately not.

I have got one of these recently the Zigbee version . Found the D/H on Zemismarts website and pairing wasnt an issue. I then found a video on how to set the limits however the limits never save and the app never updates the blinds correct position. Its always showing as opening or closing and never just open or closed, even when its stopped.

I had previously had some Aqara blinds working very well, no issues at all. Something in ST then changed as they all dropped off. ST support said they could not help as they were unsupported devices. That may be but the were working brilliantly

Anyone able to help with these zemismart blinds?
I cant figure out how to use the included remote to set the limits either. Never seem to save

Thanks

@komkavik I know it is an old thread, but were you ever able to find or create a DTH that provides position feedback (assuming the hardware is supporting such a feature)? I have a similar roller motor with a Zigbee dongle and experienced the same issues as you.

No, unfortunately it’s not possible to get real position feedback with those. What I ended up doing was to use an RF Bridge with Tasmota software on it RF Bridge 433MHZ WiFi Smart HUB - SONOFF Official (you need to reflash it with Tasmota, there are several tutorials online).

Because I have 4 of those blinds, I didn’t want to have 4 separate zigbee dongles to control them. I also noticed that the dongles were not very reliable. With this bridge, you can throw away the dongles and consider the blinds as “RF” only. Then you can use the RF bridge to copy the codes of the remote controllers, and add the codes to Smartthings (you need the Tasmota (Connect) smart app → then you can add the Sonoff bridge on it, and create separate “virtual” devices for each of the blind motors).

Lastly, because you won’t have position feedback, what I did was to add the remote control codes 3 times for each command in Tasmota, meaning: if the bridge has to send a command to open the blind, it will send it 3 times, just to make sure :slight_smile: . Sometimes it’s not enough to send the RF command once (then you end up with Smarthings showing OPEN, but in fact it’s closed
). By repeating the commands, you are a bit more sure that the motor really received it
 Since then I have never had any issue with wrong position.

I hope that helps
 The tutorials for all these you can find in this forum or online, I really don’t remember the complete process but was not so complicated if you know a bit of electronics to deal with the RF bridge :slight_smile: .

PS: “State Tracking” that is showing in the app does not work with these blinds (they don’t send any feedback)

Thanks for the prompt feedback. Fortunately, most of my blind are based on the Tuya ZL25 motor which has built in Zigbee, but I have this single one (bought by mistake) leveraging the Zigbee dongle. Reliability has been ok, but I also set it up with multiple up and down commands and created a virtual state to help with tracking. I guess it’ll have to do. Thanks again for the note.

Hi @iquix - I’m enrolled to your edge beta driver channel and I’m using your Tuya Window Shade edge drivers. They worked well for every model that matches the available fingerprints.
Do you have plans to incorporate this battery operated blind bead roller _TZE200_xuzcvlku model into it? The groovy custom DTH that works for this model is located here zemismart vertical blind.txt - Google Drive
I tried using your “Tuya Window Shade NOT TESTED” edge driver for this model but it doesn’t work.
Appreciate your work!!

1 Like