[OBSOLETE] Z-Wave Tweaker

Your log excerpt suggests device is not accepting a value of 2 for parameter #129.

… which is not surprising as the manual says valid values are 0 or 1.

Therefore my first suggestion is to read the manufacturer’s documentation. :yum:

Note also, parameter #130 is a read-only parameter so you won’t be able to change it using the tweaker.

1 Like

Super helpful reply, I appreciate the research and detail. I was entering those specific values based on support email from @ccheng I’ll relay your info to him and see if he can advise. Maybe it was as simple as a typo.

Again, I really appreciate the feedback.

J-

1 Like

This is an excellent tool. It is great for diagnostics and adjustments. I’ve learned a lot with it.

Thank you

As a suggestion it may be useful to add the capability to scan for scene settings and set scene settings.

Hi @zcapr17,

I’ve bought a TKB double dimmer switch (TZ55D) that doesn’t seem to want to play ball with Smartthings (its left paddle works as expected to activate the load, but the right paddle, which I supposedly can use to control something else via association group 2, is not accessible), and so am looking at writing my own DTH for it, and was planning on using your tool to help.

I tested the tweaker with some other devices (Fibaro dimmer etc) and it worked as expected. Thanks for your hard work.

When I tried it on the double dimmer, I get the following from the log for any of the “scan” buttons, and nothing at all for any of the “print” buttons:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object @ line 1618

The synced tile has a green tick.

I assume it’s a problem with the device’s interaction with Smartthings, but wonder if there’s anything you can advise I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

J

@zcapr17 Is it possible to configure the wakeup settings of a battery device using Z-Wave Tweaker?

1 Like

Hi @zcapr17,
I tested the tweaker for the first time on the new Fibaro Door & Window/Temp sensor 2 FGDW-002
(documents here http://manuals.fibaro.com/door-window-sensor-2/)
unfortunately it doesn’t get any data maybe because the sensor is pretty new.
Is there any chance to have it working on this sensor?

From the installation instructions for the tweaker:

The Z-Wave Tweaker will not work with sleepy (e.g. battery-powered) devices.

You can only use it with mains – powered devices.

Ah ok, understood! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Pavol,
im trying to use my wallc-s switch but i only made it partly. I have added Davids tweaker and also Adams devicehandler. Unfortunately i cannot figure out how to configure the buttons, When using the “smart lightning” from smartthings i cannot choose which button to use, button 1 is choosen default in that smartapp.

Can you explain how you manage to configure via tweaker application? When assigning the tweaker devicehandler to the switch i can get a lot of config info in the live log but i do not understand where to configure that?
How did you get tweaker to allow you set the parameters?

I also tried the configure button when using Daves devicehandler but i never get any configuration screen in my mobileapp (tried mgmt mode, button one or button three several times…

Another thing, while pressing “configure” in Daves devicehandler app after i put wallc-s switch in mgmt-mode and pushes button 1 or 3 i get following in the live log
"Resetting Sensor Parameters to SmartThings Compatible Defaults"

Tried several times with same log notice…
Thankful for any hints,

Anders, under smart lightning:

1. What do want to do? Turn on
  2. Select trigger: Button
  3. Which button? (name of the ZME_WALLC-S)
  4. Button number - select here 1-4.

That’s it.

In regards to Tweaker I wanted to change configuration but I wasn’t able to do so because device handler doesn’t provide any. So I changed handler to Tweaker - woke up the device, hit various buttons while watching logs on the web. And finally in the end in the settings of the handler one by one entered parameter number and its value. And I ended up with associations instead of app.

Thanks for the reply Pavol

Hmm i never get any question of which button number after i choosed the action trigger for the switchbutton using Daves devicehandler, i cant understand why not. I use the template “smart lightning” that was provided by default via smartthing.

What i want to achieve is to use switch to toggle on / off and to dim if i press button for a longer time.

Hi again,
I tried some other device handlers that did not work but when changing back to Adams handler it suddenly were possible to choose buttons! (and i tried to change handlers a lot without success),

Strange but im happy its works now…
I were also blind in finding Adams smartapp and could not find it in my mobileapp but after a while i found it in the marketplace “my apps” so i will see if i can get the switch to do both on/off and dim.

Please delete post.

Hello, I’m sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m getting this message when I try to create the app on smartThings IDE:

No signature of method: script_app_metadata_e8d0045c_bd41_411d_b8a3_32c7191712c0.metadata() is applicable for argument types: (script_app_metadata_e8d0045c_bd41_411d_b8a3_32c7191712c0$_run_closure1) values: [script_app_metadata_e8d0045c_bd41_411d_b8a3_32c7191712c0$_run_closure1@37be5e65] Possible solutions: getMetadata(), getState(), setState(java.lang.Object), metaClass(groovy.lang.Closure)

Can some one help me? What I’m doing wrong?

Thx

It’s not a smartapp, it’s a device handler

Install it in the device handler section of the IDE, then edit an individual z-wave device so that it uses this handler, go into the mobile app and tweak away, then change the handler back to whatever handler you were using before in the IDE. The parameters you changed will remain in effect.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this tool @zcapr17, I just used to change a parameter on a sensor that is not exposed in the standard DH and worked beautiful! saved me from trying to figure out how to customize that DH…

Can I please have the Githuib settings for updates?

Not all developers setup integration between their github repo and the ST IDE, just FYI.

Also this handler hasn’t been updated in just over a year. So you’re probably not missing out on anything.

I understand that and no all developers always list even if they did, so it doesn’t hurt asking.