[OBSOLETE] Z-Wave Tweaker

All groovy DTHs are being discontinued as part of the transition to the new Architecture. Instead, they are being replaced by “edge drivers” which will run on your own hub.

That’s why this thread, and many others, have the [OBSOLETE] tag in the title. Mostly you want to just skip those, it will only be confusing. They are still of some value to developers when researching individual devices, which is why they are still in the forum.

Anyway, to clear up the confusion, first read the community faq about the transition:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

Then the edge driver you will need is this one. But first read the FAQ, otherwise it will still be confusing.

(EDGE Driver-Mc): Z-Wave Device Config Mc

As far as this:

am trying to create an association between my RF9642 Eaton dimmer master switch and my RF9640 Eaton dimmer accessory switch.

The RF9642 accessory switch will be the trigger. The RF9640 master switch will be the target. The master actually turns the light on and off, the accessory just tells the master to do that.

So you are going to add the RF9640 to an association group on the RF 9642 Which means you will use the configurations driver with the RF 9642, you don’t actually need to do anything with the RF9640 in order for this to work.

As far as a step-by-step if you still need one after reading those two threads, please start a new topic and ask your question, and then somebody should be able to help you there. Unfortunately, I’m too tired today. It’s a good question, I just don’t have the energy for it right now.

Here’s where you will put your new topic:

Connected Things - SmartThings Community

edited to fix the model numbers