[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Finally i’ve got it :slight_smile:

one door sensor, one motion sensor, one smart button and a temperature sensor working…

the only ones reporting battery are door sensor (104% !!!) and the smart button (111%)…

the temperature sensor is reporting every minute… Took it outside and quickly dropped from 16C to 3C. At least it seams to be working… Accury i have no idea…

Thanks for all the experience shared and for the DH… Will order more and take advantage of this cheeeap great sensors

1 Like

Top stuff. I’m in a similar position although the temp sensor seems temperamental. Doesn’t report in frequently. It’s been in a room right next to the hub for four hours that I know has changed temp yet no update???

yep… kinda temperamental… mine was outside for 10minutes and reported between 2.2 degrees and 3.3…
as far as i can see on in the log it’s reporting every 30 seconds… at least twice a minute…

bringing it back inside to see if it gets more stable. The humidity also changed a little outside, but a little less, from 59 to 66%.

Could be because of the wind… testing inside now

Which log are you looking at?

I still have trouble with the temperature sensor.

What did you do to install it (I have the network ID and can ad the device, then the sensor is show, but no readings): did you install anything else: xuaomi plug or hub? how to get the temperature readings working?

Thankx

Im using the one in the mobile app…

i also noticed the DH cant handle negative temperatures

no… all i did was check the ID and added the device… Using the DH posted here by @SLKDK

After a few minutes it started reporting temps…

Im using hub v2 UK. have now idea if that is important

When you press the button do you get one or two flashes?

@Alexander_Wardeh
I followed his instructions here:

From the app start "Add a thing"
Press and hold the button on the temp sensor until you get 3 flashes
When complete make sure that when you press the button the device give you two flashes on the LED, if not repeat step 2 until that happens.
Using the IDE look at the logs, not the live logging but the hub log (select hub, then select events)
Look for a catchall event at the same time as you pressed and held the button. You will see something like this:
catchall: 0104 0000 01 01 0100 00 B46D 00 04 115F 0A 01 01FF4231641000032814983900000000953900000000
Make a note of the device ID, in the case above it’s B46D (7th set of chars from the left)
Return to the IDE and manually add a device.
Enter the details and when asked select "Temperature Sensor and make sure you set the Zigbee and network id to the same value you found in step 6.

1 Like

@SLKDK about the negative temperatures…

i’m no programmer but could something be changed here to support negative temperatures?

if (cluster.command != 0x07) {
				String pctStr = cluster.data[-1, -2].collect { Integer.toHexString(it) }.join('')
				String display = Math.round(Integer.valueOf(pctStr, 16) / 100)
				resultMap = getHumidityResult(display)

So does it flash twice or once? I seem to recall you need two for reporting mode. It’s in this long thread somewhere :slight_smile:

mine is twice :slight_smile: maybe thats @Alexander_Wardeh problem… If it’s not blinking twice maybe it’s not reporting

anyone else noticed the negative temperatures not showing with @SLKDK DH?

Finally received mine today! The smart button was a breeze to install, app found it within seconds of clicking. No battery report but I’ve read that should appear within time? Haven’t set the door sensor up yet but I can see me ordering quite a few of these!

are u using wich DH? first i was using the one from @erocm1231 and saw no battery report… But with Lazcad DH the smart button reports battery…

Mine does negative temperatures. Maybe I missed something in the conversation though.

wich DH are u using? mine shows this

The published Xiaomi Temp/Humidity Sensor DH.

u have a link for it?

Is that even possible? It shows up in my list of published devices in the IDE.

but u made the code or copied from where? i mean what code are u using? i only found here on this thread the code from SLKDK … It’s his DH i’m using