[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

Hey all - still a complete noob here, but trying to get the motion & door/window sensors working. I’ve probably made a stupid mistake somewhere along the line, but my devices don’t show anywhere near as much information as the screenshots in the OP post (i.e. Battery/Configure/Refresh etc). What have I done wrong? (I used the relevant Groovy files from OP).

I tried doing the catch all method I had done for my other sensors… just tapping away at the button. I never saw it in the catch all of the logs, but it just showed up as a device like a normal device while I was waiting.

Same here…! No config button

Long press, until light shows up; then press every two seconds, after fifth or sixth it showed up for me.

HOLLY COW THAT WORKED… I noticed on the button that it flashed 3 times between button presses… OH I talked to Xiaomi and they seem to be eager to get these to work with Smart things Here is their Email service.global@xiaomi.com

I told them how many devices I have of theirs. And that they need compatibility and this is what they sent back (I paraphrased my email it was kinda long(if you want to see my original email Ill post it)

Hi Hal,

Greetings from Xiaomi!

Thank you for providing your valuable suggestion.

We will forward the same to our team, so that they may work upon the same in order to avoid further inconvenience to our customers. We value your opinion and see it as an opportunity to learn and improve.

Please write us back in case you need any further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Pragya
Xiaomi Customer Support

Would be a game changer if they Directly support Smartthings :slight_smile:

And after using the STOCK button controller (From Samsung) I got it working with my bedroom light… No more yelling at Alexia :slight_smile: I set it up using the Aqara button as my button and under pushed set it to my bedroom light.
Also it finally gave me a proper battery level :slight_smile: ITS WORKING ITS WORKING :slight_smile:

I installed a Aqara motion sensor and a door sensor. Both working fine with this device handler. Although I have 2 issues:

1. The battery percent on the motion sensor show 0%. It was showing 100% first and then suddenly it became 0%. ST warns about this time to time but the device works fine. The door sensor battery shows 100% and I hope it is true.

2. Like someone mentioned above, I cannot see the config button on the app.

Any help to fix these should be appreciated

i have a boatload of temp sensors and all the directions are in Chinese… So I added the DTH. So all I need to do is press the button on the side once and wait for it to pair or is there another process? I am not at home right now but want to try again tonight

The first thing I do is hold the button in for around 5 seconds to ensure it is factory reset. The blue LED glows permanently, then I release the button.
I then go into ‘add a thing’ and press and release the button a few times. Eventually this seems to do the trick and it finds it as a thing/unknown.
I then go into the IDE and allocate it the correct DTH.
This process seems to work for me.

1 Like

Not sure what thread to post this…, so i’m able to pair the Aqara sensor with Smartthings, but thats about it.

Sensors never update whether there opened or closed and dont see the config button nor the battery info,

So far I’ve tried using the device handler from bspranger/Xiaomi (master) after pairing i go into the device and allocate to this handler… nothing.

I also tried GvnCampbell/SmartThings-Xiaomi device handler / rinkek/Xiaomi device handler and samething happens…

I even changed in Zigbee Utilities Insecure Rejoin to disabled.

Am i missing something

Which sensor do you mean?
The motion sensor?
If so I paired my first one the other day with the device handler from bspranger and it worked great with it.(all my others have been non aqara)
Maybe your selecting the wrong device type in the edit device settings.

Hey Steve,

It’s for the door and window sensor.

I’m using this device handler:
a4refillpad : Xiaomi Aqara Door/Window Sensor

bspranger/Xiaomi

And when I look at the type under the device, it does say Xiaomi Aqara Door/Window Sensor (which I believe I manually flipped)

Thanks

It appears the issues are quite random. Some has pairing issues. Some has issues with battery percentage and some has missing configure button etc. For me pairing was easy and they both seemed to work. The issues are missing config button and battery percentage stuck on 0. I am using DTH from a4refillpad.

Last night I tried this with two different sensors and neither one of them could be seen by ST. I guess I need to do the catch all method as soon as I figure out wheat that is

Although there are thousands of posts - and I think I’ve read every one - regarding pairing, i don’t recall seeing hints on how to bring a device back when it drops off. I have two body sensors that dropped off on successive days, after being connected for a couple of months. Battery was last reported at 88%. What’s the technique for jogging then back to life?

DTH is a4refillpad’s, modified 29/12/2016.

Hi,

Sorry, new to SmartThings. Is this the latest link for the 1st gen of Xiami Sensor (not Aqara):

Thanks.

I’m having the same issue but with my temperature sensors, they seem to drop every few days or so. What I usually do is put the ST hub into pairing mode and push the pairing button on the sensor multiple times until the light quicly flashes

New to ST too. Wondering the same thing… This thread is very long for noobies.

One thing to remember with Zigbee devices is that they will hop onto the closest hard wired device to try and establish a route back to the hub. When pairing them initially you MUST make sure you power off all other hard wired Zigbee devices, then pair the sensors using the app, never use catchall as without doubt the sensors Network ID will change at some stage and you will lose is. Once paired, I would still leave the other ZIgbee devices powered off at the mains until you get the battery reporting on the sensors, this should mean that they have handshaked correctly with the hub. The easiest way to pair is to press the button, wait a few seconds for the LED to respond, press again, repeat, eventually the LED will start to respond with 3 flashes, keep repeating this process until it appears as a Thing on your screen. Then simply apply the correct DH if it has not picked it up automatically.

I have ~15 Xiaomi and over 20 Aqara sensors (Motion, Door, Temp) and apart from one which is the furthest from the hub by far not one has dropped for months, well apart from just after this latest update and the few that did drop actually came back on their own without any intervention. They were all paired via the app and not Catchall.

Everyone has a different setup and more often than not these issues are either down to other items interfering with the sensors routing to the hub or the fact that they have not been paired properly initially. If you experience issues I would remove the sensor from ST, reset it and try pair it again with all other Zigbee devices powered off at the mains. Hopefully this may solve recurring issues for some of you.

1 Like

Still no luck in pairing temp sensors