[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Sensors and Button (beta)

re-add successful using catchall method - new zigbee ID.

dropped an hour later. :frowning:

Sorry to hear that! At least it is consistent though. No idea what Steve has done differently where his have stayed online but would love to find out lol.

A guy posted in .18 f/w thread to remove the batteries and power down the hub for at least 20 mins to reset the mesh network. I have done so and going to power back up in about 5 then add one again. Will report back of course.

1 Like

In the context of the latest developments… How can I block my hub from updating?

you cant im afraid

Unplug it. (It’s not possible)

It’s still online and working after 2-3hrs, the battery is also now showing up at 96%.

I’ll report back in the morning.

What did you do differently?

2 Likes

Progress!

I managed to get one out of 2 to stay online past an hour and can see a checkin in the log so assume it completed the pairing properly. What I did did do and have no idea it it helped or not was to remove the batteries from the hub and power it off for 30mins.

I then reset the door sensors and paired them via the app. On the first one I carried on pushing the reset button after it appeared on the screen until I received a single 2 flashes from the LED and nothing else (did this previously when they dropped), then saved the sensor. It had already populated the battery %. The second one did not do this during pairing and dropped off after an hour. I know for a fact that I had the same result with the battery reporting previously yet it did not stick so perhaps it is literally down to the exact button presses or powering the hub has helped or I was just lucky with this one. Will do some more in an hour or so but hopefully this may give some of you something to try yourselves.

I’ll be back! :grinning:

EDIT: :weary: Sorry guys, it fell off again, very confused seeming as I received a checking automatically then nothing again.

Thanks @chippie for all your testing and reporting. I’m still delaying my order but I really wish you guys find a way to make them work stable again. I’d test myself but don’t have any device, I was literally just about to order when I found this thread. Items are still in the cart lol.

From now on, can you guys specify in all your posts whether your talking about the Xiaomi origin or Aqara. That would be really helpful and appreciated.

@kebel871
If you haven’t ordered yet and looking for door/windo censors, you should take a look at these Visonic Door/Window Sensors $10
They are on sale for $10 right now. i have a few and they work great. Haven’t dropped off yet! (fingers crossed)

@Jrrobertson3

Thanks for the heads up but unfortunately it comes up expensive for Canadians with the shipping and duties. I’m getting used to this lol :unamused:

Sorry guys, it lost connection again. Will do some more digging over the next day. to see what I can come up with. I know that it at least did checking once on its own so hopefully it si simply down t button presses.

Ok, mine is still connected and working, coming up to 12h now. Here are my exact steps to pair.

1. Go to Add a Thing on the phone app.
  2. In the location where the sensor will ultimately be used (not next to the hub) press and hold the reset for around 5s, the blue light will flash then stop I usually keep it held for a few seconds after it stops, then release then follow up with a single quick press.
  3. Get the catchall info from the IDE event list and add it manually.
  4. Close Add a Thing on the phone app then reopen it. The sensor should be listed and named what you called it in the IDE. Press save.
  5. Single quick press of the reset button on the device once more.
  6. Wait and hope…

My one working one has now dropped off. There doesn’t seem to be specific time limit seams to be very random.

Just wanted to say that I’m on 000.018.00018 (UK) and have Xiaomi, Aqara and Orvibo Zigbee devices and none of them have been dropped out.

@bamarayne over on the release notes thread is recommending powering down the hub for 1h or so (remove the battery) to rebuild the zigbee mesh. Worth a shot for those having problems.

1 Like

Existing sensors will not drop off, they have been absolutely fine. However if you add a new one to the system it will drop off after an hour of inactivity, another 1.5hrs or so after that it will show as offline in the app. Whatever you do I would not remove any of your existing ones as you may never get them back on properly.

Tried that last night Jonathan. The 1st one I paired after actually did a single ckeckin on its own then dropped off after that. After that I paired another 10, they all dropped off.

Have also tried the steps you detail above without success. Perhaps it really is luck how you catch it but I you would have thought after the amount of attempts I have carried out that at least one would have stuck. Also which sensors are you using. All of mine are Door ones.

I am still wondering if there is anything that could be changed in the DH to help here.

:frowning:

Last night I had one do a single checkin and it fell off after that which is a little confusing as to me it ‘implies’ it completed the pairing properly that time otherwise it would not have established the checkin at all yet after that single event it dropped again.

Not going to give up though just yet. However I have been thinking and may jump ship to a system that does support them. It is also down to the fact that even though not officially supported they used to work fine (I never had a single pairing or drop issue in the past) yet a change has taken that ability away. There are numerous sensors that are not officially supported by ST which work so how can I be sure that this will not happen again with a future update leaving me with a load of other tiny paperweights. Also a little disappointed that there is absolutely ZERO replies or info regarding the other issues with the hub update from the ST staff.