[OBSOLETE] WLED with Smarthings

I’ve managed to sort the brightness bug, see this modified brightness section with an additional line before the return:

/*
=============================================
BRIGHTNESS LEVEL
=============================================
*/
def setLevel(Integer value,rate=0) {
state.SavedLevel = value

sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on", isStateChange: true)
sendEvent(name: "level", value: state.SavedLevel, isStateChange: true)

//log.debug("Turn ON, Color:${state.SavedColor}, Brightness: ${state.SavedLevel}, Color2: ${state.SavedColor2}")

value = Math.round(255 / 100 * value)

return sendGetRequest("/win&A=${value}/")

}

/*

1 Like

I was super excited to see that there was a way to connect WLED to ST! I got three of them hooked up here on my network, and after a bit of stumbling (deleting the port number and reentering 80), I got them working.

However, I am finding that the ST app often freezes after changing the color, and after about 15 seconds i get an error message popup saying that a network or server error has occurred. The color does actually change on that first attempt, followed by the delay and then the error message.

I really want to get this working, since my kids have been bugging me for a while about being able to ask Google to turn these desk light strips on and off without using the WLED app on their devices.

Also, I find that the google integration DOES work fine so far. I can change the colors by using the interface in the google home app, and pick predefined color names, and I can change them by voice command.

I can live with the fact that the device in the ST app has some minor issues, as I will likely never look at that part of the interface.

Now if we could just do the presets by voice it would be PERFECT! :wink:

GREAT JOB ON THIS!

1 Like

this worked great for me - thanks!!

No probs - With a bit of playing, I’ve noticed doesn’t give the linear brightness I expect. I need to apply a reverse exponential modifier to the number. Eg, 50% brightness looks more like 10% and 25% look more like 50% brightness. That’s something I need to get around to one day!

Hi,

I got it working and it works great so far.

Only thing: I have a WLED preset defined with some color animation. If I restart the ESP, everything is fine - the preset I defined is “playing”.
But if I use ST to turn the WLED/ESP off and on again, I only can see a solid color - not my preset. How can I tell it to play the preset again if I turn it on using ST?

greetings and thanks,
André

Ok, I can get it to work like this: https://github.com/SunboX/WLED-SmartThings/blob/master/device%20handler#L130

But it has the first (1) preset hardcoded. Does someone have knowledge how I can make this configurable?

I have this working, but not fully for my use case.

I am turning WLED on and off via webCore. When that takes place, the on/off status in WLED changes, but that change is not reflected in SmartThings.

Is there a way to force ST to poll so that the on/off status in ST is reflected properly? I’m using ShartTools dashboards, and I just want to be able to display the on/off status accurately.

Do I have to do something different to hook up multiple WLED controllers? I have the dig quads using WLED and I can see them in ST but I can only control the 1st controller I connected.

@TAustin created an edge driver for wled

2 Likes

Hi, Would like to know if someone able to help me please, I managed to install this but the color option is not available in smarthings apps. Color option shown up In Google home app but is not working. Please help. Thanks