[OBSOLETE] Vacation Light Director

I’ll take another look at WebCore. I’m having trouble getting the Pistons to execute.

Thanks

Once you have a piston roughed out, post it over in the webCore community. There are a bunch of knowledgeable people there that will be more than glad to help you get it working!

I am a brand new ST user.

I was able to copy past your app from code into my ST.

I am struggling on what to do next?

This app has worked great for me… except… I’ve begun noticing that once we arrive home, all the lights in the house, including the ones that turn on upon arrival, all get turned off. checked the logs and it’s telling me that vacation lighting director turn them all off. I couldn’t find any settings on what to do upon arrival. am I missing something?

Where can I get the Vacation Light Director for my smartthings?
Im looking for a random light program or a vacation lighting or is there a better program now for the Smartthings?

Is this app still working? The lights are initally turning on but not changiung after the specified interval. The same lights that first turn on, always remain turned on

Scrap that. Just after i posted it decided to work :wink:
Cheers.

I am having some problems in the new ST app. when trying to set time for ending the simulation ex 23.00, It won’t let me set a time, I don’t know if the app isn’t compatible with the new app??

/Andreas

Does this still work in the new app as effectively modes have disappeared? I just assumed it was broken now?

Anyone know if there will be a replacement for this when groovy goes away?

go to the Menu tab and click on Labs → No worries while away

1 Like

So is the No Worries while away, replacing Vacation Light Director? @jkp Have you tried it?

I have not used it nor can I can I answer if it is the replacement for VLD.

Another option is Alexa Guard. You tell it what lights you want controlled and when Alexa Guard is activated it randomly turns then on and off in the evening. Easy to set up and it seems to work well.

Oh, by your post you made it sound like you were using it and thats the way to go. Ok thanks.

sorry… I didn’t mean to imply I use it. I was merely trying to point out that there was an option available. Beyond that, I have not used it and really can’t say if it will always be available. :man_shrugging:

One annoyance so far with ‘no worries…’ is you have to set a specific time window (no sunset option that I see).

Any updates to this app, vacation lighting director?
One thing I liked was the mode “vacation”, so you can program other automations to only run on away, home and night.

Bump for update