[OBSOLETE] Thermostat Manager - An alternative to Thermostat Mode Director

@gsgentry,

In Thermostat Manager, on the main page, there is a link labeled, “Alternative Thermostat Configuration”. If you click on it, it prompts you to make 4 selections. These 4 selections should all point to your thermostat. Once these are selected, everything should work fine.

OK… I set all 4 in Alternative Thermostat Configuration. Then went to Energy Saver and selected my switches. The Done button at the bottom is greyed out, so I can not continue. Must be missing something else.

@gsgentry,

That means that you’re missing a required setting somewhere. Did you select a temperature sensor?

No… should I select my thermostat here too?

Renters left door open and I received a notification that the thermostat shutdown… so I went and checked the thermostat app, and it truly shut it down. Works great.

Thank you!!!

I spoke too soon. It shut off and sent notification… but it never turned the thermostat back on. Could this be a setting I have messed up? If it matters, we run the thermostat in Auto mode.

Thank you.

@gsgentry,

Yes, make sure to select a temperature sensor of some kind. Your thermostat is recommended.

No problem with auto mode. If auto mode is used, it will return to auto mode when it is turned back on.

Are you sure it never came back on? Default settings will delay turning the thermostat back on for about 2 minutes (the contacts have to remain closed for 2 minutes). These settings can be changed in the Energy Saver menu of course. Please turn on debug logging and attempt the process a couple of times and post the logs here. I’ll take a look.

Thank you… I turned on debug logging and I will monitor it. Thank you very much for your help!

How can I access the logs? I see where the system shut off, but the sensors closed and it never turned the A/C back on. Thank you.

Access the logs from the, “Live Logging” link in the IDE. You’ll need to leave this page open while you run your tests. Then, select the Thermostat Manager logs and copy and paste them here when you’re done.

OK, I had it open but it didn’t list anything when the sensors closed.

I did see where it shut off in the log.

I’ll need to see the output. Don’t forget to wait a couple minutes after the contacts close – and run the tests a 2+ times so I can get some good output to look at.

If you’re uncomfortable posting the data here, you can PM it to me if you prefer.

Yes, I waited 15 minutes… they are all defaulted to 2 and I left them there.

Should both of these be active, or just yours? Thinking maybe conflicting.

Yes they will conflict. Only use one.

OK so I will turn off Thermostat Mode Director and run just yours. Hopefully that will fix it. I will let you know. :slight_smile:

@jmarkwell
All tested great, time and time again. In the end, I did try the heat and cool mode thresholds, and for whatever reason, they are not responding. I took the time to let the temps change on their own, just to test it in real situation, and for whatever reason, could not get it to respond. Nevertheless, the energy saver mode, which is what I use the most, works great once again. Thanks again

Well that won’t do! You wouldn’t have happened to have saved the logs?

Could it possibly have been a temperature sensor that is reporting an unexpected temperature (far end of a large house or a sun room or computer room or something?) If it’s not, it’d probably be something weird in the device handler… Glad it’s mostly working anyway.

@jmarkwell 9:10:24 PM: debug Thermostat_Manager.updated(): [enforceSetPoints:false, tstatMode:TOPSL, disableCool:false, enforceArmedSetPoints:false, thermostatCoolingSetpoint:TOPSL, disableHeat:false, disable:false, pushNotify:true, heatingThreshold:65, tempSensor:TOPSL, openContactMinutes:15, debug:true, coolingThreshold:69, useAltThermostatConfig:true, minPauseMinutes:15, holdAfterMinutes:5, manualOverride:false, disableNotifications:false, disableSHMSetPointEnforce:false, thermostatHeatingSetpoint:TOPSL, disableEnergySaver:false, contact:[Master Patio Door, Guest Bed Slide, Downstairs patio slide, Front Door, Downstairs Patio Door], thermostatFanMode:TOPSL, setFan:true]

The numbers I have for the limits are for testing only, as the actual temp is 70 right now

1 Like

Well, I see nothing wrong with your configuration.

@jmarkwell
Didn’t answer your whole question. I am using the thermostat as the temp sensor. Yes, I would assume your are correct about the dh. Absolutely, what I mainly need is working great!

1 Like